Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing size tags

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
strkloon
357 Views, 1 Reply

Plumbing size tags

I am trying to do a little custimization with the plumbing tags in plan view, hopefully someone can give me some advice:

When MEP inserts the pipe tags, they are on G-Anno-Labl for all plumbing systems. This causes an issue when trying to create seperate views by freezing one system or the other and the tags associated. I have been able to create a different annotation layer for each and manually change them but I was hoping there was a way to change the style somewhere that would force it to insert the text on different layers associated with that system only.

Also, is there a way I could make MEP insert a tag with a leader instead of in the center of the plumbing line, but only in certain circumstances when the pipe run is too short for the text to fit?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mdsonline
in reply to: strkloon

Not sure what your level of MEP expertise is but...  A simplistic way of doing that would be to drag the label onto a Tool Palette & copy it as many times as needed & then right click, go to properties & change the Layer Key Property for each tag instance so it lands on the layer you want. (see attached jpeg) 

There are other ways of going about this, but they are more advanced options & can be found here…

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-MEP-General/Setup-for-separating-system-object-layer-from-syst...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost