Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing lines are crashing MEP 2010

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mdsonline
491 Views, 8 Replies

Plumbing lines are crashing MEP 2010

Our firm recently started using MEP 2010 (ya, ya - I know...) and I having been drawing piping with the new "sloped piping enhancement" features and it has been doing fine. But when I switch to the plumbing lines, to draw the waste pipe, the drawing becomes completely unstable and crashes as soon as I touch any of the waste lines I just drew. (& yes, I can draw the sanitary as “regular” pipe & everything is fine.) Is this a known MEP glitch, or is it maybe something I am doing, (probably both, but…) Also can anyone explain to me why the pluming line slope works differently than the normal pipe slope features (the property palettes don’t even have the same info.) & could that have anything to do with my crashing?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
gregg.stanley
in reply to: mdsonline

Are you using Windows 7 / 64 bit?

Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
mdsonline

Oh yes I am - sorry I should have mentioned that... Also I'm running an Intel i7 860@2.8 GHz with 8 GB ram & NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700
Message 4 of 9
gregg.stanley

There is a known issue that Autodesk is aware of with Windows 7 64 bit and plumbing lines with the properties palette in AutoCAD MEP 2010. The workaround is to use the plumbing line modify command (plumbinglinemodify) until this can be addressed.

Gregg Stanley [Autodesk]

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9
mdsonline

Thank you much - I was using it from the tool pallette also - good to know!!!
Message 6 of 9
jsd1

Gregg, where can I find a list all the known issues of AMEP 2010 and Windows7?
Message 7 of 9
gregg.stanley

I am unaware of a public list of known issues with Windows 7. I will forward this request on to Product Support.

Thanks

Gregg

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 9
tobysmith

You can find a list of know issues with Windows 7 and various AutoCAD 2010 products here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14056444&linkID=9240937

- Toby

Toby Smith, PE, LEED AP
AutoCAD MEP Product Manager
Message 9 of 9
jsd1

Thank you Gregg and Toby.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost