Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping problem with MEP

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
narragansett
739 Views, 4 Replies

Piping problem with MEP

I am still learning MEP and have made great progress but one thing still evades me. I am trying to draw a branch off of a  HWS piping main and need to rise to clear the HWR main beside it but want to rise with the tee at 45deg. to a 45deg elbow to clear the HWR. I have no problem with 90 deg elbows but need minimum rise. Your help in the past has been great.

Herb

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jerry.wms
in reply to: narragansett

Herb,

The easiest way for me is to type "PIPEAD" in the command line.  Then before inserting the branch pipe, in your PROPERTIES pallette, look under DESIGN tab, ROUTING, SLOPE.  Change your slope to 45 if you want to offset up and (-45) if you want to offset down.  Insert a branch on your main in the desired location along with a short piece of pipe to get you to the elevation you desire.  Then change your slope back to 0, and continue running pipe.  See the attached screen shot.

Message 3 of 5
narragansett
in reply to: jerry.wms

Thanks for the help. It looks easy after your instructions. Herbert H. Pitts Jr. 617-347-1113
Message 4 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: narragansett

Using the slope of the pipe works great as the previous poster commented on but one technique that I prefer and doesnt require interaction with the properties palette is to turn your compass on and use that.  If your compass is not on when drawing pipe you can activate it by hitting the C key.  You can then change the plane of the compass by hitting the P key.  This will allow you to draw in any direction at any slope as long as you have your compass setup correctly.  It also helps to be drawing in a 3D view.

In addition, you can change the slope via the command line instead of using the properties palette.  Handy if you value your screen space.

Message 5 of 5
narragansett
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Keith: I appreciate your help. I have tried both ways. Each works and I think your way is better but requires some time to understand it. I will keep working on it but at this point I am a little confused as to how you change from one plane to another. You say to hit the P key but I am not sure exactly how it works but I am sure the dawn will come through in time . Thanks again for your help. Herbert H. Pitts Jr. 617-347-1113

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost