Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipes and pumps not displaying when plotting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alexxn
680 Views, 4 Replies

Pipes and pumps not displaying when plotting

Can someone help me!
I'm trying to plot in Hidden view but pipes, pumps and other objects are missing when plotting. 
I have attached two pictures of how they are shown in paper space and plotting view. 
Thanks, 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pothied
in reply to: alexxn

Are the pumps and pipes AutoCAD MEP objects or Fabrication CADmep objects? Any chance of attaching the drawing so I can test here?

David Pothier

Message 3 of 5
alexxn
in reply to: pothied

They are MvParts and yes they were created with AutoCAD MEP using Content Builder. I can not attach unfortunately but I've attach a sample drawing with the same issues.

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 5
pothied
in reply to: alexxn

I downloaded your files and experience the same problem with your custom parts. However, if I insert an out of the box part (like a base mounted pump) into the drawing, the out of the box part hides just fine. I'm thinking that there must be a problem with how you created the part. Do any of the custom parts that you have created hide correctly? Can you provide steps on how you built your part?

David Pothier

Message 5 of 5
alexxn
in reply to: pothied

The funny thing is that now everything is working, now the pumps are shown. 

But, still like that drawing that I send you has the same problem now. 
I'm confused right now, I just don't get what is going on.  
Here are the step of how I built my parts: 

Manage >  Content Builder  > Under "All Installed MvParts (US Imperial)" I have diffrent folders for each custom part that I have. 
Select a folder, then click" New Block Part" > Add "Name" and "Description" > "Ok" 
Select "Type", "Layer Key", and "Subtype" from the MvPart Builder > "Next"
Click "Add Part Size"(square with plus sign) > Select your part form the list > "None" >  "Generate Blocks" > Select  "All Directions" > Ok > Next
Select "Generate an Image" > Generate > Next
Right click > Add Pipe Connector > Set all your connections  > Ok > Right click on your "Connections" > Edit Placement > Set "Connection Type", "Connection Diameter" and "Nominal Connection"  > Select position of your connection/s > Click "Ok"
Click "Next" > Finish

I'm not good at giving steps as you can seeSmiley Wink
Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost