Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipeadd

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
alatier
236 Views, 2 Replies

pipeadd

The pipeadd command stopped working on my MEP2016

it worked yesterday. I have changed nothing

I type pipeadd (or select off the toolbar) an nothing happens, just returns the command line

I cant add pipe to a pipe I have on an existing drawing, but I can lengthen it. I cant drop a fitting on a pipe

Wall add and wire add work fine. I can draw slabs

Is there a setting or a command i can run/change to fix this

I have Cold booted a couple of times but no sucess

I have tried on new drawings and old ones

I would like to avoid a re-install if possible

Pete

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gtg891x
in reply to: alatier

I've had a similiar problem before (but yours sounds worse) caused by a routing preference with the _TEMP_ prefix. Here is the solution that Pothman showed me:

I have seen problems like this when you have a TEMP routing preference that was not deleted as it should have been. Open the Style Manager -> Piping Objects -> Pipe Routing Preferences and see if there are any RP that have a TEMP prefix as part of the name and delete them if there are.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: alatier

That is weird. If you have any pipe in your drawings already, and you click on the little + sign to add a pipe will it do the same thing?

Also if all else fails you can just run a recovery on your AutoCAD. see if that fixes it. to run a recovery you go to add and remove programs and uninstall AutoCAD. a menu will pop up like the one to install, and it will give you options select the one that says Recovery. You may need the CD / Thumb drive used to installl AutoCAD as it may need to grab some files off it, or if its a network License/install you may not need anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost