Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Tag

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jerry.wms
1434 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe Tag

i am using the OTB piping pallete. The "PIPE LABEL" which uses the "Pipe-FittingObject;PipeObject" PSD's. The tag when inserted shows pipe size as decimall inches (.75", 1.25"). I have been playing around with the PSD's trying to get the pipe size to read (3/4", 1-1/4"). I am missing something. Can someone help?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: jerry.wms

The "Pipe Label" uses the 'Mark' property from the "Pipe-FittingObjeccts" PSD (at least on my machine... if I explode the tag enough times, I see: "Pipe-FittingObjects:Mark". 

It shows: Nominal Diameter, Abbreviation, Specification Number, Insulation Type, and Insulation Thickness.

Do you want/need all those additional properties in the Tag?  Or, do you just want a fractional inches tag?  You could get that with the 'Label' tool (instead of the "Pipe Label" tag tool).

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
jerry.wms
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

Martin,

i see where I can toggle the ABBREVAITION, SPECIFICATION, and INSULATION.  I would like to still be able to toggle those properties.  I could use the LABEL, but the problem is, LABEL will not work on a VIEW DWG when the piping is on a CONSTRUCT in PROJECT NAVIGATOR.

Message 4 of 7
Martin__Schmid

Style Manager > Documentation Objects > Property Set Definitions > Pipe-FittingObjects > Definition Tab > Double Click 'NominalConnectionDiameterToggleSwap' to edit the formula.

In the middle box on the right, in the row that starts with "NominalConnectionDiameter" set the Format to 'Number - Fractional"

Click OK OK

Save/close the drawing, the tags should update when you re-open... or, you can use the command OBJRELUPDATE to force them to update.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
jerry.wms

Martin,

Thanks,  i knew I was overlookling something.

Message 6 of 7
jerry.wms

Martin,

Can you help me with another one?  We do alot of refrigerant piping, which is catoagorized by the O.D. of the pipe.  How would i change the formula to show the O.D. of the pipe?  EXAMPLE:  for 1" Brazed copper, tag would show 1-1/8" for O.D. of pipe?  Thank you in advance. 

Message 7 of 7
Martin__Schmid

Hi Jerry--- 

This is a bit more complicated, but not insurmountable... the complexity is in the definition of the PSD , which is designed to be very flexible... however, with flexibility comes the complexity.

Instead of trying to describe in a post, I created two short videos, the first shows the creation of a new property to show the Actual diameter... then the second shows the creation of the tag block.

Modify PSD: http://screencast.com/t/3U0QEJyVD0m

Modify Tag: http://screencast.com/t/333X427Kdw

HTH,

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost