Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Rise/Drop

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
ljacobs
1160 Views, 16 Replies

Pipe Rise/Drop

In AutoCAD MEP 2009 when setting the pipe rise/drop symbols to use the annotation scaling the pipes do not trim out all of the pipe (see attached image). I know this has been a problem in the past, was hoping they fixed it by now. Does anyone have a work around to get the pipe to trim correctly?
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
gduperry
in reply to: ljacobs

I am having the same issue. Have you found a way to do this yet? I have not had any luck with this issue with my support team or within this discussion group.
Message 3 of 17
CADMunkee

Post a drawing.

I am using MEP 2009 and do not have this issue. However I did in 2008.

And yes, the drops I am using are annotative set in the rise/drop style
Message 4 of 17
CADMunkee

screen shot
Message 5 of 17
ljacobs

Heres a file. You will see it works ok on larger pipe but on the smaller pipe it does not.
Message 6 of 17
gduperry

This must be an MEP2009 file as I cannot open it.
What I have noticed is when I set the annotation scale to 1/2", everything looks fine. Must have something to do with the way it is using the scale to show the "masked" portion of the symbol. What gets me is that this does not work right out of the box.
Thanks to all who have tried to help. Seems as though this is a lost cause. On a side note, what
Message 7 of 17
CADMunkee

This drawing must have been created in 2008, then saved/opened in 2009. Please confirm?

Can you confirm?

This is without question your problem. Use a 2009 template and try again. Message was edited by: CADMonkey
Message 8 of 17
CADMunkee

I copied and pasted into a 2009 template and it automatically corrected itself.

It just flat out does not work right in 2008 and is a known issue. You can hack it by using a mask definition or making the drop symbol smaller. Set the override scale to 5.25 instead of 6 and watch the result. This is set to 5-1/2" and you can see that it's still there, but lesser. I did that intentionally so you could see changing sizes helps (although hurts your drawing when printed
Message 9 of 17
ljacobs

I started with a template on my c: drive in the AMEP 2009 folder and everything was created in AMEP 2009. Could you post a drawing that it works correctly in? Message was edited by: ljacobs
Message 10 of 17
gduperry

I have now realized that it is not so much the drop symbol that sets the improper gap but the tee below. I erased the drop and the tee keeps the gap there between the two nodes. I guess the question would then be what determines the size of that tee and it's node spacing.
Message 11 of 17
CADMunkee

here you go
Message 12 of 17
CADMunkee

Also, I can tell it's a 2008 drawing based on something I saw in your system definition. See attached. This does not exist in 2009 drawings but when I open 2008 drawings in 2009, I can see that.
Message 13 of 17
CADMunkee

Here is a screen shot from 2009 drawing. Notice the buttons/options are gone
Message 14 of 17
ljacobs

Thanks for posting that. So what is controlling those symbols to be annotative? if i go into the style manager and go to the pipe rise drop style the "Use Annotation Scale" box is not checked.
Message 15 of 17
ljacobs

Well i think the part of the problem was i have ABS 2007.1 installed on my machine and was working in that earlier for production work (we haven't switched over to 2009 yet) then opened AMEP 2009 to test some things. So i dont know if it stored something in memory or what but as soon as i restarted my computer and then opened AMEP 2009 and started with a new template (same one i used before) the rise/drops symbols scaled correctly and trimmed out the line.
Thanks for your help.
Message 16 of 17
CADMunkee

I did that really quick but even if I set the annotative it works exactly the same. Bottom line is it's fixed in 2009.

I think you just used the wrong drawing without realizing it. It happens, I've done it before. Message was edited by: CADMonkey
Message 17 of 17
jackpritchard

I can't reproduce the rise/drop trimming in the 'pipe drop.dwg' Can anyone help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost