Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Not Displaying Properly When Plotting

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
zdsmithey
6155 Views, 22 Replies

Pipe Not Displaying Properly When Plotting

Not all of the lines are displaying when I plot. How can I fix this? I have the visual style of the viewport set to HIDDEN. Please, see attached file. Thanks for the input.
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Dakota_Cad
in reply to: zdsmithey

Smitkins-
I can think of 2 things that might help you:

1. in MS set the "Display Configuration" Pulldown (lower right) to the display
the way you want it to plot
2. in the PS Viewport Properties set:
Visual Style = 2D Wireframe
Shade Plot = As Displayed

Good Luck
Message 3 of 23
mario

I have had these same problems and found no resolution.
Message 4 of 23

I struggled with this for mucho time and have found the solution.

1. Use the dwg to pdf. pc3 plotter to plot the file to PDF
2. under custom properties for PDF, set resolution to 4800dpi across the board
3..set DISPSILH system variable to 1
4.set FACETRES system variable to .5
5.IMPERATIVE: set HIDEPRECISION system variable to 1. This must be set everytime as it resets.
6.double click out of viewport so it is no longer active, then right click over top of the viewport outline so that it appears dotted with the grips highlighted at the corners, you will see the rightclick menu appear: roll down to "shadeplot" and activate the flyout menu then select "hidden".

The above will print you out a proper 3D hidden model regardless of whether you are in 3D conceptual or 2D wireframe mode.

I have attached one of my PDFs as a crystal clear example of what you get when you apply the above.
Message 5 of 23
BobCohen6015

For all the money we have to pay for Autocad does it not seem silly that one needs to use such a complicated process, with settings, yet, that do not even persist, just to PLOT a drawing or view?

Instead of spending all the programming hours changing the user interface every year maybe some time could be spent providing program functionality that would be useful.
Message 6 of 23
alexanderjsol

Have you found any easier/practucal solution to this?

Thanks,

Alex

Message 7 of 23
alexanderjsol
in reply to: mario

Any news on this issue my friend?

I'm having the same problem

Message 8 of 23

Thanks. This helped a lot. Now, am I SUPPOSED to be doing this to plot a simple piping-isometric?.

I mean, we spent 6K on this software to deppend on a bright guy on a Forum to save our lives?

Thanks again brother.

Message 9 of 23

Agree 100% with you.

$6,000 --> Support: Go to the Forum and pray!...

Message 10 of 23

Driving and maintaining a car, though more complex, is far preferable to horse and buggy.

The plot settings I mention are one time changes, taking 30 seconds to set and save to a custom . pc3 plot configuration settings file that may be associated indefinitely with your layout template and used repeatedly, requiring no more intellectual horsepower than that which your mouse finger possesses. "click!"

As to the one variable I mention that does not persist, "hide precision", you do not want this variable to persist from session to session as the 3d performance hit it exacts is unpleasant. AutoDesk in their infinite wisdom and great benevolence to your software support personnel saw fit to make this setting NOT persist and so avoid the conundrical support see-saw that is "why is my autocad running so slooooowwww...

If you wish, I can explain to you at length, but in simple logic, precisely why Autocad behaves in this fashion and why addressing this issue is necessarily a variable tweaking affair. However, you are correct in that there is no reason why Autocad cannot provide an "easy button" for the process that is the plotting of hidden isometric piping views.

Message 11 of 23
atasayco

are you plotting individual sheets or are you plotting a group to hardcopy or PDF?

Message 12 of 23
alexanderjsol
in reply to: atasayco

Regardless of the printing. DWG to PDF, Hard plots, etc...

the craziest thing is, if I change the scale 0.0000001, now there is a different part of the isometric that doesn't plot

Message 13 of 23
VitalyF
in reply to: alexanderjsol

Hi,

The easiest way - use OOTB MEP templates.

No additional configuration is required

Regards,

Vitaly

Message 14 of 23
VitalyF
in reply to: VitalyF

PS

For hidden lines set Shade Plot - Legacy hidden

Viewport_LegacyHidden.gif

Message 15 of 23

Al,

Your printing settings are a life saver since 2012 (particularly HIDEPRECISION).

However, in 2016, although it improves, it is not "perfect".... any ideas? (attached sample file. See Low-Left corner)

Message 16 of 23
VitalyF

Hi,

See my post above > Pipes don't display properly

Regards,

Vitaly

Message 17 of 23
Stickerin
in reply to: VitalyF

Vitaly, your file. Two different results. When you publish, isometric lines are not printed pieces. ;(

Message 18 of 23
alexanderjsol
in reply to: Stickerin

Hi,

Did you figure out how to fix the pipe display issue?

Alexander Sol, P.E.
SDM Consulting Engineers, Inc
135 Almeria Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134
www.sdmcorp.com

[SDM_blue]

The information contained in this transmission and attachments contains privileged and confidential information, including proprietary information protected by federal and state laws. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.
Message 19 of 23
atasayco
in reply to: atasayco

this is my concern as well. We have packages of nearly 200-300 drawings. All of which have some sort of fabrication. if we plot individually, it will print fine. my main focus is to be able to batch plot/publish to PDF.

I heard Bluebeam has a plugin to do batch plotting and the DWGtoPDF.PC3 file is becoming obsolete.

Message 20 of 23
Stickerin

I do not think this is the right way out. But I do so ...
And yes ..

And I have a Russian localization.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost