Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF output incorrect

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alatier
455 Views, 3 Replies

PDF output incorrect

I am still having problems with display vs plotting to PDF

The display is looking ok, but the lines are missing on the PDF

My client is rejecting the outputs (correctly so) An I am at risk of losing my contract if I cant sort it

I have played with the view styles changing every variable

I can get it to plot correctly with some settings, but the text prints in yellow

Can someone help me

(The 3d objects were exported as 3d objects from revit)

The Acad file and the PDF are attached

Pete

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: alatier

I'm a little confused. When I bring up your PDF, I see the following attached screen shot, which looks pretty good to me, although I'm not sure what may be missing, at least the text is not yellow. This is from your PDF, which I have not changed. If this is correct, then it would appear the postcript file of your PDF creater needs to be updated or pathed to your PDF print output. Your client should be seeing the same thing.

Message 3 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: alatier

You are trying to print the output of a revit conversion which is 3D solids/Blocks and not AutoCAD MEP Objects.  Solids act this way sometimes when printed in wireframe or hidden.  It will probably print correctly if you print with conceptual or something similar.

You could probably get better results from your question if you ask it on the AutoCAD forum as this is a AutoCAD specific question as none of your objects are MEP objects.

Also, since you are printing everything in 2D, you could just create linework to fill in the missing gaps.  It is mostly on the elbows where it is not printing correctly.  Not a great solution but it would save your contract. 

Message 4 of 4
alatier
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Hi Keith

Thanks for your response.

I can get a proper result if the export from Revit is done as a surface rather than a solid. The problem with this comes when I need to dimension the object. There is a confusing array of elemnts to snap to and no centres of circles and the lines are broken meaning that a snap to mid might not be!

I will go back and do it all again. I was reluctant as I have 100's of pipes to re process.

My other option may be to convince my client that a 3d iso dimensioned may be suitable for QS takeoff and fabrication

I will also take your advice and post to the Autocad forum

Regards

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost