Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts containing error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tompilzys
310 Views, 3 Replies

Parts containing error

Hello,

A few persons were busy with creating parts in our office. One of the parts contain error - please see message that you see after you make regen catalogue. How can i find which part is it exactly?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mlmoore
in reply to: tompilzys

To see which part contains an error, go to the folder where your part and pipe catalogs are located.  Default will be something like: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2014\enu\MEPContent\USI\(pipe or mvpart).   In the folder, either Pipe or MVPart you will see a folder called Validate.  Open that folder and inside you will see a Catalog_Regen_Summary.txt  Open that and it will let you know which part is giving the error.  I found the easiest way to fix the errors most times is to fix them in the XML.  Once you know where to find the part in question, open the xml for that part and fix the error if it is just a duplicate ID or something similar. 

Message 3 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: tompilzys

In the picture you posted you can just hit the expand folders drop down and it will show you a link to the files that have the results.
Message 4 of 4
tompilzys
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Hello,

I found the file. But it seems all parts are ok. The only error you can see in file attached. I dont know what can it be?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost