AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Active Contributor
tompilzys
Message 1 of 2 (240 Views)

parametric parts labels

240 Views, 1 Replies
09-04-2012 01:56 AM

Hello,

I made my own grills, valves etc. Now when i use them in the drawing i would like to see also description next to the parts. For example the type of the grill and the size.

Like for example labels that show diameter or central line  of the ducts - they appear automaticaly.

Anyone can help?

Mentor
dtiemeyer
Message 2 of 2 (221 Views)

Re: parametric parts labels

09-06-2012 05:52 AM in reply to: tompilzys

You best bet is to select the diffuser the go to Properties > Extended Data and see if the information you are looking to display is in that dialog already. If it is, you can just use the AECDEFINETAG command to create a tag that reads those Property Sets & Properties. If your data isnt there, then you'll need to define the Property Set Definition & Properties, then build the tag. Also, using the Add MvPart dialog to place diffusers will not automatically tag them during placement. The tagging process is separate from the content placement process. You could combine the tag and diffuser (or whatever) into a block, then use a tool palette button to place & explode that block, but this is an ugly workaround. 

Striving to be a WOMBAT, Waste Of Money, Brains, & Talent...

⁞|⁞ Please use the Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.