Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening DWF files in MEP

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
pikowdude2002
748 Views, 8 Replies

Opening DWF files in MEP

I use NW Simulate 2013. When I export to DWF it works fine but then when I try to attach it in AutoCAD MEP 2013 it says it cannot be opened. File format not supported. 

Ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Pothman
in reply to: pikowdude2002

You should be able to attach a dwf file inside of AutoCAD just like you would xref a dwg file. You can't just open the dwf file using AutoCAD but you should be able to attach it. If you can't do this, can you attach the dwf file to this thread so I can test with your file?

Thanks

Dave Pothier

Message 3 of 9
pikowdude2002
in reply to: Pothman

Sorry for the late reply. This project got tabled for a couple weeks. here is the DWF file and the error message.Dan
Message 4 of 9
Keith.Brown

I might be missing something but there was no file attached to the post.

Message 5 of 9
pikowdude2002
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I tried to reply via email. maybe that didnt work. here are the files mentioned before.

Dan

Message 6 of 9
Keith.Brown

I got the same error message when i tried to xref it into an autocad drawing.  I tried saving it as a dwfx and xrefing it in and got the same result.  I finally imported it back into Navisworks and saved it as a fbx drawing and then imported into autocad but nothing came thru.

Unfortunately I am out of Ideas.  Sorry i couldnt be of more help.

Message 7 of 9
pikowdude2002
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Well, Thats disappointing. I was hoping for a solution.

Do you know if Navisworks Manage offers any other options? I may try to get a license for my company to see if I can make something useful out of these model. Simulate doesnt seem to be working.

Message 8 of 9
DarrenP

thats a weird one

opens up fine in Navisworks & design review but Autocad says its corrupt

no clue on this one

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Keith.Brown

@pikowdude2002 wrote:

Well, Thats disappointing. I was hoping for a solution.

Do you know if Navisworks Manage offers any other options? I may try to get a license for my company to see if I can make something useful out of these model. Simulate doesnt seem to be working.

Instead of a navisworks file can you get the original file from the contractor who created it?  You are trying to work with a file that has been converted to dwf.  To make matters worse the original file was converted to an nwc or nwd before it was converted to a dwf.  In this case it might just be better to try and obtain the original file and bring it in to AutoCAD MEP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost