Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ole objects not plotting in pdf

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
uegary
1892 Views, 6 Replies

ole objects not plotting in pdf

When I paste an OLE object (excel spreadsheet) in my drawing and try to plot to pdf. it will sometimes show up and sometimes not.  This happens even when not modifying anything on the settings.  Also, sometimes when trying to plot a dwg. with an ole object attached straight to the printer it prints the object about 25% of what is actually there.  Is there certain size limitations on excel spreadsheets?  Is there a driver that I need to update or missing? I use AutoCAD MEP 2014, Excel 2013, Windows 7 64bit, and Hp DesignJet500 printer.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: uegary

Your HP DJ500 may be the limiting factor: start a new file, paste in an OLE object and test it. If it fails, post that test file here. If it works, compare those file settings with one that failed, including plot settings.
Message 3 of 7
roland.pamminger

We have the same problem!

OLE grafics on the drawings don't show up on the PDF - no matter if I use "Export PDF" or print it by using "DWG to PDF"!

It worked up to AutoCAD 2013, but in 2014 it doesn't anymore... Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 7
smbrennan

How many OLE objects on a single page? I've sometimes found inconsistencies when too many objects are on at once.

Also, double check your properties palette when selecting the OLE object. There's a setting to set it to Spreadsheet. This could help.
Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 5 of 7
roland.pamminger

We had on big OLE on the drawing.

It helped to decrease the resolution in the plotter configuration!!!

Message 6 of 7

What was your resolution set to in the first place?

We have ours at 300dpi, but I'm not sure if anyone tested different resolutions.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 7 of 7
roland.pamminger

I think originally the resolution was at 600, now we are using 300.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost