Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBJECT ENABLER

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2220 Views, 8 Replies

OBJECT ENABLER

I am using MEP 2013 have downloaded an object enabler (not sure what version it is). I installed it on my computer but when I go into Mep and go to load application it does not let me find it to load it. what do I need to do?

Maureen

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cabletie
in reply to: Anonymous

Type APPLOAD at the prompt. Look for the file you downloaded in the root directory of autocad. If you just downloaded it try clicking the "Date modified tab" to sort by date. It should be the one with the latest date. Highlight it and click load Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cabletie

Where can I find an object enabler that will allow objects drawn in MEP 2013 to show up in 2010? We are working on a 3D coordination project and all the other contractors are using 2010 and all my pipe shows up as squares...

Message 4 of 9
cabletie

I don't know if there is an enabler to view Autocad objects in Autocad. I think all you have to do is "save as" 2010 DWG. If you are using an add-on program you would need the enabler and also saved back to 2010. You can also go into the options and set it up so when you save a drawing it automatically save it back to a previous version. The sheetmetal detailer on our current 3-D coordination project moved to 2013 and saves his drawings back to 2010. I have no problems viewing his duct with the old enabler that he sent for his previous version. I think he uses TSI drafting software to draw his duct (inside of AutocadMEP).

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I have already tried "save as" and have it set to save to 2010 but everything still shows up as squares. I'm not using a thrid party software, just AutoCAD MEP 2013.

Message 6 of 9
whorton-DK

Object enablers only work for the same version of AutoCAD as the object was created in. There are no object enablers which allow AutoCAD 10 to view Autocad 13 objects. The options are explode the MEP objects to plain AutoCAD entities or set proxygraphics variable to 1 (this gives them an uneditable object).

Message 7 of 9
Keith.Brown

@Anonymous wrote:

Where can I find an object enabler that will allow objects drawn in MEP 2013 to show up in 2010? We are working on a 3D coordination project and all the other contractors are using 2010 and all my pipe shows up as squares...

You cannot save down your 2013 objects and still keep their intelligence for versions of autocad prior to 2013.  What you can do is either export your drawing to 2012 or previous or convert a copy of your drawing to all 3D solids using the CONVERTTO3DSOLIDS command and then save the drawing down.  2013 was a file format change which means that the files are not compatible with prior versions.  This happens every three years.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I TRIED THAT AND IT IS STILL NOT SHOWING UP IN THE DIALOG BOX FOR ME TO EVEN PICK IT, IT IS ON MY DESKTOP THAT IS WHERE I DOWNLOADED IT BUT WHEN I GO TO APPLOAD IT DOESN'T SHOW UP FOR ME TO PICK ON IT....IS IT POSSIBLE ITS BECAUSE I AM IN 2013 AND THE ENABLER MIGHT BE OLDER VERSION?....IS THERE ONE I SHOULD BE DOWNLOADING FOR 2013?.........THIS IS AGGREVATING I CANNOT SEE THE DUCTWORK ELEVATIONS ON MY DRWG.

Message 9 of 9
Keith.Brown

@Anonymous wrote:

I am using MEP 2013 have downloaded an object enabler (not sure what version it is). I installed it on my computer but when I go into Mep and go to load application it does not let me find it to load it. what do I need to do?

Maureen

There are a couple of things that you need to find out.  First off you have downloaded an object enabler but you don't mention what software package it is for.  Please let us know so we can better help you.  Second you don't know what version it is for.  You need a 2013 object enabler for Autocad MEP 2013.  If you have a previous enabler then there are good odds that it will not work.  Please let us know what exactly you have so we can better help you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost