Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need link to electrical symbols block

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
FridaP
1249 Views, 4 Replies

Need link to electrical symbols block

I need some help in finding a website where i can download or buy autocad electrical blocks that include plugs and switches for autocad MEP or autocad 2015. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Open mind. lover of knowledge
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Pothman
in reply to: FridaP

I'm not sure where you can purchase additional devices for AutoCAD MEP but I want to make sure that you are aware of the content that is in the product. There are many more devices than are available in the tool palettes. See the following articles and see if the devices that are there will work for you.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/How-to-add-additional-devices-in-AutoCAD-MEP

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/How-to-add-additional-devices-to-an-AutoCAD-MEP-tool-palette

Dave Pothier

Message 3 of 5
FridaP
in reply to: Pothman

Thank you so much for the help. The only other problem i have now is that when i place an outlet in my drawing an orange triangle with an exclamation in the middle is over the outlet. It seems that it is part of the block. I don't know how to remove it so that it isn't visible in my drawing. There wil be a lot of outlets and switches and I don't think the plan will look cean if every single outlet and switch has that triangle with the exclamation point over it.

Message 4 of 5
Pothman
in reply to: FridaP

The triangle is just a solution tip which can be turned OFF from the View tab on the MEP View panel - just toggle the button that says Solution Tips. These solution tips will not plot but if you don't want to see them, that is how you turn them off. For devices, it is indicating that there isn't a wire attached to the device. You will also see similar tips for ducts, pipes, conduits, cable trays, etc if there is an open end on the object.

Dave Pothier

Message 5 of 5
FridaP
in reply to: Pothman

Ah, okay, I see. Thank you so much for the help! Much appreciated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost