Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help converting units from decimal to architectural to show FEET/INCHES

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
7413 Views, 3 Replies

Need help converting units from decimal to architectural to show FEET/INCHES

It was very simple to change decimal units to architectural units in Autocad 2015 but in Autocad MEP 2014 it seems that finding that button is trickier. Any information on how to change the units would be helpful. When drawing a line I type in, 96'-1" but it says that is invalid because the units are set to decimals. I am still a beginner please help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

You may use the _AECDWGSETUP command or access it from App menu > Drawing utilities > Drawing setup. UNITS command should also bring up the drawing setup dialog box. There are several other tabs in addtion to the Units tab for specifying the drawing units.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Laks-Autodesk

Still, when I go to draw a line, the measurement is shown and it is still in decimals. Very frustrating. I still don't know how to fix this.?
When the drawing set up menu pops up, and under the Length section the only other options I have besides decimal for type is scientific.?
Message 4 of 4
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Please try to select Inches from the list under Drawing units and you can set the length type to Architectural. This will let you create dimensions in feet and inches.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost