Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**MvPart Requests - Your input needed!

59 REPLIES 59
Message 1 of 60
Anonymous
921 Views, 59 Replies

**MvPart Requests - Your input needed!

Okay folks, now's your chance!!! We're collecting information about which parts are most needed and/or requested by our customers and you can put your vote in now by replying with a list of mvparts you'd like to see in the product. I can't promise we'll get to all of them, but we'll definitely start with the items that the most people request, so please help us out! Thanks, Rebecca -- Rebecca Richkus Building Systems Product Design Autodesk, Inc.
59 REPLIES 59
Message 21 of 60
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Trane style horizontal and vertical water source heat pumps. "Rebecca Richkus [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:412f5ced$1_2@newsprd01... > Okay folks, now's your chance!!! We're collecting information about which > parts are most needed and/or requested by our customers and you can put > your > vote in now by replying with a list of mvparts you'd like to see in the > product. I can't promise we'll get to all of them, but we'll definitely > start with the items that the most people request, so please help us out! > > Thanks, > Rebecca > > -- > Rebecca Richkus > Building Systems Product Design > Autodesk, Inc. > >
Message 22 of 60
Anonymous

Just thought of a biggie. Please don't draw the MvParts to scale by the Annotation Scale. Equipment should always be to True scale 1" = 1". Engineers back me up on this one! Bix? J "J" wrote in message news:4132537c_1@newsprd01... Ok, I've copied most of my mvpart wish posts from the Wishes NG. I want to ask you to search under Mvparts in the wishes NG. There are several threads that discuss and suggest standards for MvPart creation. One thread suggests how Autodesk could discern between MvParts that should be manufacturer specific and ones that are generic enough (like access doors or louvers) that Autodesk could make parametrically. I want to make a new suggestion that wasn't previously brought up. Autodesk should define a standard nomenclature for MvPart names and for MvPart Layer Keys. Something like M-MV-Rooftop_Unit-10Ton for a Layer Key (M = Mechanical Discipline, MV = Layer Key for MvParts, then basic description, size, and IF manufacturer specific then next field would be the Manufacturer and series/model# like tack on -Carrier-48HJ to the end). The Layer Keys need to organized so we can tell between an MvPart Key, System Keys, Style Keys, Override Keys, etc hence the MV. As far as MvPart names, I'de suggest blow away "M-MV-", so the part name would be Rooftop_Unit-10Ton. This would help keep associated MvPart names with associated Layer Keys. Anyway, if you're going to create new MvParts, may as well have some standards and we hope we've suggested some acceptible ones. Check out those other posts in the wishes NG. Anyone have further suggestions? J "J" wrote in message news:41324cec_3@newsprd01... I copied this from my old post in the wishes NG. J Here's some quick Mechanical MvPart Wishes. Wall Mounted Forced Air Heater (Q-Mark, Markel) Pedestal Mounted Convector (Q-Mark, markel) Overhead Infrared Heater (Gas Fired & Electric, etc) Vacuum Pump (Various Types) Compressed Air Pump (Various Types) Overhead Smoke Filtration Unit Air Curtain (Many Types) Computer Room AC Unit (Various Types - Overhead, Floor Mounted, etc) Make-Up Air Units (Various Types - Wall Hung, Ceiling Hung, Roof Mounted, Floor Mounted, Direct Fired) Utility Type Fan Strobic Type Fan Propeller Type Fan (Wall, Ceiling) B.A.Fan Radiant Ceiling Panels Residential Style Window AC Unit IR Duct Lamps IR Pipe Disinfection Unit HEPA Filter Bank ULPA Filter Bank Laboratory Fume Hoods Kitchen Fume Hoods Paint Booth/Hoods "Sanyo" Style Split AC System Groundwater Heat pump Solar Panels (Dom. Hot Water, Heating HW, or Electric) Small Toilet Room Ceiling Fan - Broan style Small Cabinet Plenum Fan I'll let ya know if I think up more. ANYONE ELSE THINK OF ANY???? J "Rebecca Richkus [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:412f5ced$1_2@newsprd01... > Okay folks, now's your chance!!! We're collecting information about which > parts are most needed and/or requested by our customers and you can put your > vote in now by replying with a list of mvparts you'd like to see in the > product. I can't promise we'll get to all of them, but we'll definitely > start with the items that the most people request, so please help us out! > > Thanks, > Rebecca > > -- > Rebecca Richkus > Building Systems Product Design > Autodesk, Inc. > >
Message 23 of 60
Anonymous

Yeah, we don't need our equipment scaling up according to what scale drawings we are producing. It makes no sense at all...
Message 24 of 60
Anonymous

Waterfurnace too Maybe Florida Heat pumps as well Well, ClimateMaster while we're at it...
Message 25 of 60
Anonymous

Just thought of some. Motorized control dampers that break into the duct (looks schematic in plan). Diffusers, louvers, & grilles that attach to the side of a rectangular duct (plain diffuser but offset from the center by the 1/2 width of the duct). Currently when you attach a diffuser to a rectangular duct, it gets engulfed by the duct and thinks it is at the center, then you have to offset it or eyeball it. MvPart sensors (& maybe gauges) to attach to the duct & pipes, that are schematic in plan. Sensors like humidity, temperature, flow, pressure, static pressure, etc. J "Rebecca Richkus [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:412f5ced$1_2@newsprd01... > Okay folks, now's your chance!!! We're collecting information about which > parts are most needed and/or requested by our customers and you can put your > vote in now by replying with a list of mvparts you'd like to see in the > product. I can't promise we'll get to all of them, but we'll definitely > start with the items that the most people request, so please help us out! > > Thanks, > Rebecca > > -- > Rebecca Richkus > Building Systems Product Design > Autodesk, Inc. > >
Message 26 of 60
Anonymous

BIGGIE! Please please please fix all the diffuser, registers & grilles so that the center is not the only snap point. The four corners and the center of each outside edge need snap points, to adjust the diffuser locations once they are placed in the ceiling grid, & to center and offset from windows. When adding new, the diffusers snap from the corners to the ceiling grid. Once they are placed, try moving them ESPECIALLY IF THE GRID IS NOT A ADT/ABS GRID BUT MERELY LINES. You can't snap to the corners. Thanks. J Ps. How about creating some linear diffusers that draw like you draw ducts. They are not merely linear plenum diffusers which you have already and correctly look like boxes, I'm talking about the continuous kind that wrap around corners, can follow curves, can have a variety of qty of slots & slot thickness (the plenum boxes should be able to vary the qty & thickness of slots as well). Pps. ABS is used a lot for healthcare design, Autodesk should think about adding some healthcare specific MvParts & systems like diffusers used in surgery rooms, HEPA/ULPA filters & diffusers, laminar diffusers, med gas piping Systems, MvPart vacuum pumps, compressed air pumps, MvPart shutoff valves, Alarm panels, Shutoff panels, zone valves, Cryotanks. "Rebecca Richkus [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:412f5ced$1_2@newsprd01... > Okay folks, now's your chance!!! We're collecting information about which > parts are most needed and/or requested by our customers and you can put your > vote in now by replying with a list of mvparts you'd like to see in the > product. I can't promise we'll get to all of them, but we'll definitely > start with the items that the most people request, so please help us out! > > Thanks, > Rebecca > > -- > Rebecca Richkus > Building Systems Product Design > Autodesk, Inc. > >
Message 27 of 60
Anonymous

We would like to have the ability to add RECTANGULAR FLEX duct as well as round. This would have to be parametric and would be add like the current round flex duct.
Message 28 of 60
Anonymous

Air to Air Heat Exchangers "atw" <-@-.com> wrote in message news:414072c8$1_3@newsprd01... > Trane style horizontal and vertical water source heat pumps. > > > > > "Rebecca Richkus [Autodesk]" wrote in > message news:412f5ced$1_2@newsprd01... >> Okay folks, now's your chance!!! We're collecting information about which >> parts are most needed and/or requested by our customers and you can put >> your >> vote in now by replying with a list of mvparts you'd like to see in the >> product. I can't promise we'll get to all of them, but we'll definitely >> start with the items that the most people request, so please help us out! >> >> Thanks, >> Rebecca >> >> -- >> Rebecca Richkus >> Building Systems Product Design >> Autodesk, Inc. >> >> > >
Message 29 of 60
Anonymous

See the thread in this group...

"Modular Air Handler Sizes"

I could probably write a more detailed description if you need one.... not sure if you have any mechanical engineers on your staff that could interpret our needs.

Thanks,
MS
Message 30 of 60
Anonymous

Air Compressors....
Message 31 of 60
Anonymous

Have you contacted any firms to get, say, a hundred different projects, and make sure that all the scheduled components exist as MvParts...?? Your present method of querying people on required MvParts is like asking people what type of coffee they liked, waiting a week after the taste test.
Message 32 of 60
Anonymous

Hi Rebecca, I suggest here give us better or some EASE in CONTENT BUILDER. In short some freedom to have our content in without much pains. I remember few posts on this server like CUSTOM shape cable tray. A better and enhanced CONTENT Builder would be a WONDERFUL Solution. -- Cheers!!! BIM "Rebecca Richkus [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:412f5ced$1_2@newsprd01... > Okay folks, now's your chance!!! We're collecting information about which > parts are most needed and/or requested by our customers and you can put your > vote in now by replying with a list of mvparts you'd like to see in the > product. I can't promise we'll get to all of them, but we'll definitely > start with the items that the most people request, so please help us out! > > Thanks, > Rebecca > > -- > Rebecca Richkus > Building Systems Product Design > Autodesk, Inc. > >
Message 33 of 60
Anonymous

diffusers that mount directly to round duct and rectangluar duct. "Rebecca Richkus [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:412f5ced$1_2@newsprd01... > Okay folks, now's your chance!!! We're collecting information about which > parts are most needed and/or requested by our customers and you can put your > vote in now by replying with a list of mvparts you'd like to see in the > product. I can't promise we'll get to all of them, but we'll definitely > start with the items that the most people request, so please help us out! > > Thanks, > Rebecca > > -- > Rebecca Richkus > Building Systems Product Design > Autodesk, Inc. > >
Message 34 of 60
toddn

We would like larger pipe sizes. The system draws up to 24”. We have had jobs where 42” was needed.
There are no flanges. We would like slip-on as well as weld-neck flanges( 150# & 300#)
Eccentric reducers. It is impossible to show a flat-on-bottom eccentric reducer correctly.
We need larger size eccentric & concentric reducers.
End caps show up on drawings as rectangles. They should appear rounded on the end.
Piping some times does not hide correctly when in plan view.
Larger selection of valves would be appreciated.
Message 35 of 60
Anonymous

I've heard of larger pipe sizes than that. I know you start to get into specialty/custom pipes after a point. Anyone know what the upper limit really is for standard and then into custom/specialty? I don't know myself. J "toddn" wrote in message news:12744480.1098720205693.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We would like larger pipe sizes. The system draws up to 24". We have had jobs where 42" was needed. > There are no flanges. We would like slip-on as well as weld-neck flanges( 150# & 300#) > Eccentric reducers. It is impossible to show a flat-on-bottom eccentric reducer correctly. > We need larger size eccentric & concentric reducers. > End caps show up on drawings as rectangles. They should appear rounded on the end. > Piping some times does not hide correctly when in plan view. > Larger selection of valves would be appreciated.
Message 36 of 60
Anonymous

How about Airflow Arrows for Diffusers, R & G's, Louvers, etc. It would be a Parametric MvPart where you could customize the length, Arrow In or Arrow Out, Arrow Type (filled or not, etc), Feathers or none, Basepoint or distance of insert point from Arrowhead (to center & offset off object or diffuser), and lock angle to horizontal (for sidewall diffusers that are 90 degrees to the horizontal versus a plan view diffuser). You have to trick the arrows outwards on sidewall diffusers to get them to show up on plan views. This Arrow MvPart could be an option or default arrow used in all the diffuer styles or used as a standalone MvPart that someone adds somewhere to the drawing. J "Rebecca Richkus [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:412f5ced$1_2@newsprd01... > Okay folks, now's your chance!!! We're collecting information about which > parts are most needed and/or requested by our customers and you can put your > vote in now by replying with a list of mvparts you'd like to see in the > product. I can't promise we'll get to all of them, but we'll definitely > start with the items that the most people request, so please help us out! > > Thanks, > Rebecca > > -- > Rebecca Richkus > Building Systems Product Design > Autodesk, Inc. > >
Message 37 of 60
Anonymous

Here's another biggie! We need a plenum box...maybe MvPart...maybe Fancified Duct object...maybe a good candidate for that AHU Dumb Box builder we discussed in another post. A plenum box is basically a sheet metal box to which any quantity and shape of ducts will attach to, from any side. You may have an external louver tied to a plenum box and a round duct comes off to the left side up high and a big square duct comes off down low at the back. This maybe an extreme example. A plenum box is often used when you have too tight of a space for your duct to properly transition, or too tight to offset, or you have many duct connections to one louver or piece of equipment. I don't think this should be a fancified duct object as you need to connect too many things up to it, in various configurations or positions. This may be a good candidate for that AHU builder dialog, I was describing in the other post....It's a big dumb box of a user specified LxWxH, with many connections. It also can have sections like the AHU. For example, a louver brings in fresh outside air. It has this plenum box attached with an upper half and a lower half. The upper half connects to a open/closed louver which when open draws in fresh mechanical room air. The lower half connects to a "variable position" motorized damper and duct leading to an air handler. From this example you have two different uses of the outside air and that's why the plenum box is sectioned off...similar to what we discussed in the other discussion post. You would create the plenum box the exact same way as the AHU or RTU or etc...as described in the other post. Still, don't know if you would make this a generic MvPart...but the more I think about it, the better that AHU (dumb box) builder makes sense. Either way, we need a quick down and dirty way to make a plenum box with many connections at differing positions. J "Rebecca Richkus [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:412f5ced$1_2@newsprd01... > Okay folks, now's your chance!!! We're collecting information about which > parts are most needed and/or requested by our customers and you can put your > vote in now by replying with a list of mvparts you'd like to see in the > product. I can't promise we'll get to all of them, but we'll definitely > start with the items that the most people request, so please help us out! > > Thanks, > Rebecca > > -- > Rebecca Richkus > Building Systems Product Design > Autodesk, Inc. > >
Message 38 of 60
ELaFlamme

Balancing Valves
Triple-Duty Valves
Message 39 of 60
Anonymous

Just a thought. When you create these MvParts, keep in mind more insertion points are good and often we need to center an MvPart on an object or place a MvParts' corner on a point...so corners & midpoints, Quadrants & Centers become good insertion points to have in an MvPart. Something I noticed, some diffusers have corner insertion points when you go to insert them, but when you go to move them, they cannot be found or selected. Hopefully, when you go to recreate many of these MvParts, you can fix this. Thank you. J "Rebecca Richkus [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:412f5ced$1_2@newsprd01... > Okay folks, now's your chance!!! We're collecting information about which > parts are most needed and/or requested by our customers and you can put your > vote in now by replying with a list of mvparts you'd like to see in the > product. I can't promise we'll get to all of them, but we'll definitely > start with the items that the most people request, so please help us out! > > Thanks, > Rebecca > > -- > Rebecca Richkus > Building Systems Product Design > Autodesk, Inc. > >
Message 40 of 60
ctindall

Hello Rebecca,

I would love the ability to insert a diffuser or grille with an undefined neck size that would adapt its neck size to the dimension of the rigid or flex duct you connect to it (automatically). This would be a big time saver.

Thanks,

Chris Tindall

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost