Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mvpart connectors and associated block views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
223 Views, 2 Replies

mvpart connectors and associated block views

having spent a considerable amount of time generating solid blocks of plumbing fittings, i proceed to create mvparts with them and when i use them, the first part in the list inserts as desired but all the other parts are offset by an amount equal to a connector placement. hmmmm..... so i find the drawing generated by ABS3 and of the block views generated, the first part has a nice cube appearance as it should but all the other parts show the end views correctly with the top, bottom, front and back offset away from the insert point. investigating further, they all have the same insert point - why would 4 of the 6 blocks be offset on 19 of the 20 parts in the drawing? any insight would be appreciated. (all the parts have the same configuration with the same insert point - all were made with insert at 0,0,0)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post or email the part? We'll need the .dwg, .xml, and .bmp file.

thanks

jason

"robart" wrote in message
news:f16949e.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> having spent a considerable amount of time generating solid blocks of
plumbing fittings, i proceed to create mvparts with them and when i use
them, the first part in the list inserts as desired but all the other parts
are offset by an amount equal to a connector placement. hmmmm..... so i find
the drawing generated by ABS3 and of the block views generated, the first
part has a nice cube appearance as it should but all the other parts show
the end views correctly with the top, bottom, front and back offset away
from the insert point. investigating further, they all have the same insert
point - why would 4 of the 6 blocks be offset on 19 of the 20 parts in the
drawing? any insight would be appreciated. (all the parts have the same
configuration with the same insert point - all were made with insert at
0,0,0)
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i redefined the insert points for the blocks that were offset and now they work. now all i have to do is finish with all the other hub snf hubless parts and i will be in business.
i was hoping that the plumbing module would have scaled parts in addition to the calculation features in ABS4 but once more plumbing and all those who deal with it are taking a back seat to mechanical and electrical.
There is a REAL need for scaled parts - try doing a shop drawing with inverts and foundation sleeves without them - very tedious having to calculate the dimensions and angles for fittings and fitting combinations.
maybe this is an area where some competition would get things rolling at autodesk.......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost