Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVPart - Annotative Scale - Schematic symbol

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dmurov
956 Views, 4 Replies

MVPart - Annotative Scale - Schematic symbol

Is there a setting to make an MvPart block symbol for a schematic display automatically "annotative" for a part library or template when creating a new drawing?

For example, I would like to use a schematic valve symbol to display for a mvpart at 1/4" scale, but then double in viewing size for 1/8" scale...for plotting purposes.

The only method we've found to set a schematic block (as part of mvpart) to annotative is by "right-clicking" on the mvpart, selecting "Edit MvPart Style", then 'Views", then selecting annotative.  However this only changes one particular part size at a time in a specific drawing.  We would like to make this part of our mvpart library instead (for all part sizes and for other part representations).  Are there any options available?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: dmurov

Why don't you open up the catalog dwg where the part resides and set the symbol block to be annotative in that drawing.  That way when you insert the part into the drawing the block will already be annotative.  You will only have to do it once for each symbol block of each part.

btw, all of the out of the box parts are already setup this way.  I have never had an issue with an out of the box part displaying inproperly regardless of what the scale is.

Message 3 of 5
dmurov
in reply to: Keith.Brown

When I change the symbol block to annotative in the catalog drawing, and then use the content builder to modify the part, the symbol block defaults back to Annotative "off" (in the catalog drawing).

Message 4 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: dmurov

You mention that you are using valves as your mvparts.  Valve schematic display is controlled by the system defintion. You need to look at the system defintion of the pipe you are drawing and make sure that in the single line graphics display tab the appropriate selection boxes are checked.

System Defintion.jpg

Message 5 of 5
justdefybryan
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Is there a way to use Graphical 1-line and have the symbols for valves and pipe drops, equal the size of reducers and endcaps?  If I change the annotation scale, valves do not scale.  Also, the pipe drops are very tiny compared to the size of reducers and endcaps.  I am attaching a screencap to show how disproportionate they are.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost