AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Contributor
jsd1
Message 1 of 6 (1,068 Views)

Multiple Viewports, Mutliple Scales on 1 layout, is it possible?

1068 Views, 5 Replies
10-06-2011 10:42 AM

I have a layout with 2 different scaled viewports, one is 1/16" scale and the other is 1/4".  When I plot the sheet(layout) both viewports are in the scale which was last access in model space.  If I was in 1/4" scale in model space then go to Layout, both viewports will be in 1/4" scale, my plumbming fittings, text, annotation in the 1/16" scale viewport are set to 1/4".

And if I was in 1/16" scale in model space, the 1/4" scale viewport is set to 1/16".

If I was in 1" - 1": scale, then both viewports are 1" scale. 

What am I missing?

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 6 (1,057 Views)

Re: Multiple Viewports, Mutliple Scales on 1 layout, is it possible?

10-06-2011 03:29 PM in reply to: jsd1
Set your scale in paperspace not modelspace. Select the viewport and set your scale in the lower right corner of the main window. The scale here is viewport dependent.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
Contributor
jsd1
Message 3 of 6 (1,006 Views)

10-24-2011 06:19 AM in reply to: jsd1

Setting my scales in paperspace or model space, either way, I can only have one scale on a sheet.  This is only happening with plumbing symbols. 

Valued Contributor
rmiller1973
Message 4 of 6 (985 Views)

10-31-2011 06:10 AM in reply to: jsd1

jsd1 wrote:

I have a layout with 2 different scaled viewports, one is 1/16" scale and the other is 1/4".  When I plot the sheet(layout) both viewports are in the scale which was last access in model space.  If I was in 1/4" scale in model space then go to Layout, both viewports will be in 1/4" scale, my plumbming fittings, text, annotation in the 1/16" scale viewport are set to 1/4".

And if I was in 1/16" scale in model space, the 1/4" scale viewport is set to 1/16".

If I was in 1" - 1": scale, then both viewports are 1" scale. 

What am I missing?

Thanks

Correct me if I'm not following what you are seeing. You have two viewports that seem to take on the scale defined in model space? When you are working on the 1/4" model and then switch to layout both viewports are scaled as 1/4" and if you then switch the model scale to 1/16" both take that scale on as well?

I'm not sure if there is anything that would specifically force the viewports to match the model space setting. My first impression is that you might have a routine that switches the scaling of your viewports to match the model space. If this is the case you might be limited on what you can do to stop it.

One thing you might try is setting the scale to 1/4" and locking the 1/4" viewport then switch to 1/16" in model space to see if the 1/4" changes. If it doesn't then lock the 1/16" viewport so they are not getting switched out.

I would also suggest discussing this with your CAD Manager, maybe they might be aware of what is causing the issue.

Contributor
jsd1
Message 5 of 6 (981 Views)

10-31-2011 06:26 AM in reply to: rmiller1973

My AutoCAD distributer has contacted Autodesk about the situation and was told that I would have to xref each drawing in.  It is a known issue, but Autodesk will not be fixing it.  This is when drawing in the Plumbing discipline. 

Thank you for your help.

Valued Contributor
rmiller1973
Message 6 of 6 (979 Views)

10-31-2011 06:29 AM in reply to: jsd1

Interesting, thanks for the update.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!