Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-View Parts loosing connectors

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Keith.Brown
833 Views, 4 Replies

Multi-View Parts loosing connectors

Has anyone ever encounterd multi-view parts that have lost their connectors? 

I have a drawing that has custom multi-view parts that are ball valves.  The ball valves have just mysteriously lost the connectors.  I can run an audit on the drawing and the connectors will come back but the connector type is not set to Undefined and nothing will connect to the pipe.

I have enclosed a sample of the mvpart.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pothied
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I have not heard of a part just "losing" their connector information. After doing an Audit, the connector information is still not all there or correct. The connection domain is missing and should be set to Pipe. Can you offer any information on what you were doing when the parts broke?

David Pothier

Message 3 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: pothied

I got this drawing from a co-worker and they cannot recall at what point it happened.  I removed all unneccessarry information from the drawing before posting it.

I will try to keep an eye on things to try and nail down when this particular issue happens.

Message 4 of 5
woodyb.wp
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I am having the same problem. All of my valves do not have the white + to continue pipe OR the pipe connection snap.

I did an audit and while the snaps and the white + for connections are back, the connection type is unknown so the flanges won't get added and even if I add them mannually they do not connect. The WBLOCK command I think is to blame, but I can't say for sure, a test wblock on fresh insert did not strip the connection.

Is there a way to add the connection type back? The properties dialog does not seem to allow changing the value from unknown.

Message 5 of 5
s.lawrence
in reply to: woodyb.wp

I've just experienced this problem for the first time too, I had a plenum box which has worked fine for months, and now the + arrow has gone missing when I select it, making connection to it impossible. Was any solution ever found?

Stu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost