Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPE 2010 PDF Xref Printing Woes...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
edgar.gharibian
520 Views, 2 Replies

MPE 2010 PDF Xref Printing Woes...

Hey guys,

The PDF Xref system built into MEP 2010 is cool, but anytime we try to print/publish to any format (dwg/dwf/pdf...) the file becomes overloaded and usually our PCs time out the operation before it is printed. There are maybe 2 PCs in the office that barely manage to print, though it still takes almost 15 mins per sheet (with about five 8.5"x11" PDF xrefs on the sheet).

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Or is it a problem with our network/printer setup?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jcleghorn
in reply to: edgar.gharibian

I had other problems with printing to PDF, including the one you're talking about. I changed from the system printer PDF which uses a post script Heidi driver to my local PDF printer which uses PDFPLOT10.HDI driver. It fixed many problems printing to PDF. Check your plot manager to see which driver you're using.
Message 3 of 3

THANKS A MILLION! Switched to a PDF printer which uses the PDFPLOT10.HDI driver and my problem entirely went away!

On a side note:

We have been on the hunt for a good PDF printer. One of our earliest, and still nagging problems was the fact that some PDF printers would not perform correctly with our office pen style. Lineweights and colors get shifted, some objects get dropped entirely... Until today we had settled on the Bullzip PDF Printer. It had given us little to no errors in plots until recently we ran into the problem I described earlier. I was wondering if there are any suggestions for tuning a particular PDF printer to your liking, or if there is a PDF printer out there that was designed with AutoCAD in mind...

Thanks again for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost