Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying the R1 radius for multiple conduit elbows.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mikegustus8493
750 Views, 2 Replies

Modifying the R1 radius for multiple conduit elbows.

Here is the problem;

I have 100's of 4" conduits modeled in.

Current radius of the bends has somehow been set to 24" and I need to change this globally to 16".

I can manually select a fitting and change the R1 option to 16" and everything works.

BUT....

I lose the option to change the R1 radius if I select multiple fittings/elbows.

There are so many fittings on in this file that manually doing this will take all day, literally.

Any ideas? LSP routine that might work?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pothied
in reply to: mikegustus8493

I tried everything that I can think of to edit more than one conduit fitting at a time and nothing worked. You could try creating a new fitting type with a fixed radius for each size instead of an adjustable radius and specify that fitting in a routing preference and apply that routing preference to the conduit run but that would involve custom fitting creation. I tried this with just adjusting the default radius for a fitting but that didn’t' update the already drawn fittings when I applied it to a run. 

You may have to adjust them all manually at this point. 

David Pothier

Message 3 of 3

You can try starting a new drawing and placing a 4" elbow with a 16" radius.  Then copy your original drawing into the new drawing and it should change the radius to 16".  This assumes that your radius can only have one value.  If it is set to be a list and both radiuses are in the list then it will not work. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost