Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying duct sizes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
goyete
1238 Views, 4 Replies

Modifying duct sizes

Hello, I have duplicate the duct catalog for editing and personalyzing the duct sizes trough the Catalog Editor. I restart AutoCAD and if I go to Style Manager, HVAC Objects, Duct Part Routing PReferences I can select my modified new duct part.

For example, the standar round ducts goes from 63 mm to 1.500 mm. I want for example add a 77 mm duct size.

Then If i draw a duct with a Duct Part Routing PReferences with the new duct part, I don't see the new 77 mm dimension in the list of the diameters of the duct. How can I update this list??

Thanks you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
VitalyF
in reply to: goyete

Hi,

>> Then If i draw a duct with a Duct Part Routing PReferences with the new duct part, I don't see the new 77 mm dimension in the list of the diameters of the duct. How can I update this list??

You will see new dimensions, if draw a duct in the project file

step by step:

1. Open the catalog, add a new dimension, save catalog 
2. Run the project, open the file and draw a duct with new dimensions

Vitaly

Message 3 of 5
VitalyF
in reply to: goyete

Small clip additionally

Message 4 of 5
smbrennan
in reply to: VitalyF

Also, don't forget if you duplicated your catalog - did you double check that your active catalog is the one you changed?  Check your options.

Options.JPG

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 5 of 5
goyete
in reply to: smbrennan

Hello, thanks for your replies.

Vitaly, Is the first time I see the Proyect Browser in your video and I don't use it till now, I'm trying to learning it. Now I'm working in a Project with 3 plants but I usually work in a plane with all the DWG refx for each plant.

Working with the Project browser, I see that AutoCAD makes different DWG with each Construct or View and If I draw a vertical duct in plant 0 and I have a view showing plant 0 and 1, this view doesn't shows the duct drawed in plant 0. Do you understand? Is there any way to see only a plant? If I work in an unique modelo with 3 DWG referedX I don't see anythin becouse the 3 DWG mixes.

Thank you smbrennan85 I don't have duplicated de catalog, only I duplicate the parts. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost