Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing random lines when publishing (plottong) pipe riser diagrams.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dbillion
1068 Views, 5 Replies

Missing random lines when publishing (plottong) pipe riser diagrams.

When plotting a isometric view of the sanitary (I guess any) piping system, the occassional line (pipe edge) will be missing.  Everything looks fine in the sheet file.

When I plot the same sheet multiple times, different lines go missing.

Plan views and elevation views plot fine.

We had this problem with ABS 2007 and our CAD Manager was able to resolve it. 

We switched to AutoCAD MEP 2011, using 64-bit Windows &.  CAD Manager is now unable to resolve this issue.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Watershape2
in reply to: dbillion

I have this issue as well, if it is a project where you would like it to look perfect I have found a work around.

Using the convertto3dsolids command to change all MEP parts to 3D solids, then using the flat shot command to produce a 2D image of the isometric view. I find these are always perfect captures.

Words of warning:

1. Once MEP objects are converted to 3D solids there is no going back, so be sure to back up which ever file you want to try this in

2. This is a lengthy process if you see multiple revisions occuring in the future of the project

I hope someone has a fix, as the above is definitely not something I like to do for each and every project.

Message 3 of 6
dbillion

Wow, that's not a real feasible fix (notice I did not say solution).  We work in very large buildings with multiple updates and revisions.  Having to do this on 100+ sheets for each submittal would be brutal!

We tried to print to PDF and then send the pdf files to the plotter.  The lines were missing (even more, actually) in the pdf files, too.

Will this be fixed in the next version of AutoCAD MEP?

Message 4 of 6
Mr.Mohr1899

I have the same problem.
Think is due to presentation.
I resolve problem to delete the presentation and do a new.

PS: Hope your understand my english 🙂

Message 5 of 6
Watershape2

Are you referring to MEP Presentation display configuration?

When you "do a new" which do you use?

Message 6 of 6
dbillion

No, I created a new Sheet file, dragged in the named view from the View file and attempted to plot again.  No luck.

Lines disappear when printing to the plotter or when printing to PDF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost