Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing piping types???

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
710 Views, 1 Reply

Missing piping types???

So I've been working on a piping project in AutoCAD MEP 2011 for a few weeks now, and I've been putting in steel pipes, and steel pipe fittings, usually butt welded. Today, I start working, select the pipe tool to put in some pipe, and it won't let me select steel pipe! Same goes for fittings. For SOME REASON, the number of different types of pipe has suddenly become severly limited, and no matter what I try it won't even show steel pipe as an option. Why could this be happening, and how can I fix it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using the correct routing preference?  Sometimes MEP gets locked into an incorrect routing preference so it only shows the fittings for the incorrect routing preference.  A way to double check and see if you still have the fittings is to use the pipefittingadd command and see if the fittings are there.  Another way is to use one the pipe tools on the tool palette listed under By Routing Preference and choose a different routing preference.  This will shake the property palette from its incorrect routing preference.

Please report back and let us know what you find so we can go from there. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost