Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing diffuser template

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ad-MEP
659 Views, 4 Replies

Missing diffuser template

Hello,

I am using the paratmetric part wizard to create a custom diffuser. However, I get an error message when I try to use it. See the attached image for the error message.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: ad-MEP

That means that the catalog that contains the part is either no longer attached to autocad or the part has been moved or deleted from its original location.

Message 3 of 5
ad-MEP
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank you Keith, I am new to MEP. I have tried to add it back to the  catalog without success.  Is there a quick and easy way to add it back to the catalog?

Message 4 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: ad-MEP

If you have the original files somewhere then it is as simple as copying and pasting them into the correct folder and then running the command CATALOGREGEN.  Each catalog part should have 3 files.  A dwg file, a bmp file, and a xml file.  These files may or may not be all named the same and may or may not all be located in the same directory.

Luckily in the case of your missing files they are all named the same and in the same directory.  If you don't have the original files I have included them in a zip file below.  You just need to unzip them and place them in the following directory.

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2014\enu\MEPContent\USI\MvParts\Mechanical\Air Terminals\Diffusers

If you are using 2015 then you just need to change to the 2015 folder.  The files should be the same for both years.

Dont forget to run CATALOGREGEN after pasting the items into the folder.

Message 5 of 5
ad-MEP
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank you, Keith!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost