Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AutoCAD-AL
242 Views, 1 Reply

Migration

Did some extensive test today on 2010. What a mess. All pipe runs from 2006 are distroyed by 2010. Rounding factor in program needs fixed. Also pipe runs already in place are changed to flat pipe runs when opening an existing file. Transition form 2009 is no exception. Connection points in 2009 are clean bring th same drawing into 2010 and pipe connections are no longer valid. Also I see a problem in the routing types. These are lost between products. Way to go Autodesk!! You did it again. I see there is twice as many steps to accomplish the same thing done in 2006. When is the re-write going to be intuitive enough to know what the connection is when you grab a fitting for continuation rather than go back to the pipe menu to select a pipe. To me a flange is a flange is a flange. So I ask why should we even migrate to a product costing more time and maintenance. Way to go Autodesk!!!

P.S. pipes in a drawing shold not be touched or moved when brought into a newer version of the same product. You THINK!!!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gregg.stanley
in reply to: AutoCAD-AL

Can you supply a drawing with the specific issues listed below? Piping was fundamentally changed in 2007 which required that the new Routing Preferences and fittings be applied to existing pipe runs. 2010 AutoCAD MEP added true Male x Female joints based on the CEL value of the fittings (Greater than 0 = female / 0 = Male) 2006 pipe fittings do not have these values. There is a command in 2010 - RedefinefromCatalog which will update existing fittings with their revised counterparts in the 2010 catalog. The migratecatalog command will add the required parameters to existing fittings from your catalogs.

Gregg Stanley [Autodesk]

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost