AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Active Contributor
rikkicarey
Message 1 of 3 (248 Views)

MEP10 Does not open the Content browser

248 Views, 2 Replies
11-03-2009 11:17 AM
Anyone know why when I click on "Content Browser" in the ribbon, the command shows up in the command line but nothing opens...
Employee
gregg.stanley
Message 2 of 3 (248 Views)

Re: MEP10 Does not open the Content browser

11-06-2009 07:38 PM in reply to: rikkicarey
this is a randomly appearing issue that we at Autodesk have not nailed down the reason for. I have had it happen to me on my laptop and let dev try to find the cause to no avail.
A workaround is to go to Program files > AutoCAD MEP 2010 > and select the AecCB.exe file this is the EXE that is called when you select content browser.

BTW, i reformatted my laptop, spent 2 days reinstalling everything and the issue went away (not saying that is what you should do :smileyhappy:) it may be a corrupt registry or a windows issue that is causing it, but we are not sure. The exe should resolve the problem.

You can create a tool to shell out of ACAD to DOS and start the EXE:

Command: sh
OS Command: "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD MEP 2010\aeccb.exe"

Gregg Stanley [Autodesk]

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Active Contributor
rikkicarey
Message 3 of 3 (248 Views)

Re: MEP10 Does not open the Content browser

11-07-2009 10:51 AM in reply to: rikkicarey
Thanks Greg,

I discovered that after I opened Content Brower from windows it then opens fine from within MEP10. Or at least it did immediately after I closed Content browser, I didn't get a chance to try it again yesterday (after restarting the computer)

My Next issue :smileysad: is: There in hardly any content in it!!!!! I have only the "My Tools" and "Content" (don't remember the name for sure, I'm at home now... but it had links to other people's online stuff) There was no MEP or Arch tools at all... Not even the Standard tool palettes.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.