Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP: Why are 3-D Sections showing Schemtic Linetypes and Symbols?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MikeBartell
368 Views, 1 Reply

MEP: Why are 3-D Sections showing Schemtic Linetypes and Symbols?

I have created section cuts in a piping plan and the pipes that have been edited will not display in 3-D, only schematic (By edited I mean I edited the pipes being demo'd on the demo'd sheet, I changed size and layer to represent the new pipes. I have redrawn the pipes and copied other pipes within the drawing to try and get rid of the schematic but it continually shows only these pipes in Schematic. In the Attached File Section 2/M2.1 was created a 3-D section cut. The Section in 3/M2.1 is displayed By enabling Live Section so you can see the pipes I am referring to. Is there something wrong with my display settings. I tried every Display Set option when generating the 3-D section.

Thanks,

Mike
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You have my sympathy. I went through 'trial by fire' with the display manager/ object display/ style display.

Interesting that it's both valves and pipe that are affected.

My first thought was that the pipe System is defined as single-line, so the valves would be single-line, too.

It could also be display related. When you cut a 2D section, you have a choice of display representation. (eg "MEP-Section and Elevation"). I presume it would be the same case with 3d sections. That's the Display Set you need to identify & locate in Display Manager, and add a 'two-line' tick against Mvparts. You may need to deselect whatever is currently enabled, BUT tread carefully! I've had a situation where I had the schematic and the model view of the valves displaying at the same time. I've also made all the valves disappear.

This will work unless the Style or the specific Objects have display overrides. I think.

Possibly, your pipework is trying to connect to a 'plumbing' connection and transforming itself into crappy 2d Plumbing line. Also, possibly, your affected pipe uses a different System Definition and goes single-line below a certain size.

Finally, you could save a lot of ink by making your flanges, levers, etc. plot in a thin line! Good excuse to decrypt the Display manager.

But you do have the coolest North arrow. I suppose being the North Pole and all...
======================================================

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solved your issue.

Intel 7740x - Quadro 6000 - 32Gb RAM - CADmouse - Logitech G710

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost