AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

MikeBartell
Message 1 of 2 (184 Views)

MEP: Why are 3-D Sections showing Schemtic Linetypes and Symbols?

184 Views, 1 Replies
12-02-2009 02:32 PM
I have created section cuts in a piping plan and the pipes that have been edited will not display in 3-D, only schematic (By edited I mean I edited the pipes being demo'd on the demo'd sheet, I changed size and layer to represent the new pipes. I have redrawn the pipes and copied other pipes within the drawing to try and get rid of the schematic but it continually shows only these pipes in Schematic. In the Attached File Section 2/M2.1 was created a 3-D section cut. The Section in 3/M2.1 is displayed By enabling Live Section so you can see the pipes I am referring to. Is there something wrong with my display settings. I tried every Display Set option when generating the 3-D section.

Thanks,

Mike
Distinguished Contributor
CADmonkey_UK_Building_Services
Message 2 of 2 (184 Views)

Re: MEP: Why are 3-D Sections showing Schemtic Linetypes and Symbols?

12-13-2009 04:32 PM in reply to: MikeBartell
You have my sympathy. I went through 'trial by fire' with the display manager/ object display/ style display.

Interesting that it's both valves and pipe that are affected.

My first thought was that the pipe System is defined as single-line, so the valves would be single-line, too.

It could also be display related. When you cut a 2D section, you have a choice of display representation. (eg "MEP-Section and Elevation"). I presume it would be the same case with 3d sections. That's the Display Set you need to identify & locate in Display Manager, and add a 'two-line' tick against Mvparts. You may need to deselect whatever is currently enabled, BUT tread carefully! I've had a situation where I had the schematic and the model view of the valves displaying at the same time. I've also made all the valves disappear.

This will work unless the Style or the specific Objects have display overrides. I think.

Possibly, your pipework is trying to connect to a 'plumbing' connection and transforming itself into crappy 2d Plumbing line. Also, possibly, your affected pipe uses a different System Definition and goes single-line below a certain size.

Finally, you could save a lot of ink by making your flanges, levers, etc. plot in a thin line! Good excuse to decrypt the Display manager.

But you do have the coolest North arrow. I suppose being the North Pole and all...
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!