Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP SECTIONS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tompilzys
492 Views, 3 Replies

MEP SECTIONS

1)

Is there a way to edit display sets of sections? I mean, one type of display "MEP Design - Model" shows the ducts but not in the way that I need: it doesn't show hidden lines or central lines of round ducts. Also has problem with showing flexible ducts. "MEP Design - Plan" shows all those things but can not show duct when i make section in the middle of it. So question is: How can i turn on showing central lines, hiddenlines etc. in  display "MEP Design - Model".

2) I made 3d walls in mep. I made it as an xref for drawing with ducts. When i make section, the ducts behind the 3d walls are invisible in sections. How can i make them visible, or at least can they be shown by dashed lines?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: tompilzys

You need to turn off walls in the section display.  I do not believe that mep has the ability to display objects that way based on a horizontal distance. 

Another option would be to draw the dashed lines in yourself.  I myself prefer to just turn off the walls in the section display view.

Or if it is an option, move the section to the otherside of the wall.  It is possible to draw a section line that 'jogs' around obsticles.

Message 3 of 4
tompilzys
in reply to: Anonymous

Display "MEP Design - Plan" shows ducts that go behind other ducts with dashed lines. It works for ducts but doesnt work for architectural objects like beams, walls or slabs.

And i dont want to turn off the walls, or columns, they are important for the drawing. I also dont want to draw them manually because that is the reason of having 3d program which should make sections automaticly 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: tompilzys

Ducts are AECB objects and walls, beams, and slabs are AEC objects.  Two different kinds of objects that dont always play well together.  For instance, if you draw a slab and then draw a duct under the slab the duct will also not show hidden lines.  That is the reason why people will use mvparts as slabs.  The same is true for walls.

You don't have to turn off the walls or columns but your duct will not show behind them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost