Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP object properties vs. Autocad object properties 911!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
pauros_78
560 Views, 7 Replies

MEP object properties vs. Autocad object properties 911!!!

When I select an MEP object my properties palette displays the propeties of that object.

When I select an AutoCAD object (LINE, ARC, RECTANGLE, PLINE, CIRCLE,) the properties palette is blank. No properites can be viewed, or edited.

Any suggestions???
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rikkicarey
in reply to: pauros_78

No Suggestions.... but what version of MEP are you using?
Message 3 of 8
pauros_78

I am running MEP 2009
Message 4 of 8
rikkicarey

You've shut down..... restarted.... We've found that "fixes" all kinds of weirdness in 2009... temporarily anyway.
Message 5 of 8
TDenbo

I have something similar with MEP 2009 and MEP 2010. This glitch appears to only happen with the object snaps toolbar. I've attached a screenshot of what is happening. This is running Windows 7 64bit (happened same with Vista 64bit, so it's not a Windows 7 issue).

The mep object snaps appear to be overlaying themselves instead of having two columns.
Message 6 of 8
mdhutchinson

"... No properties can be viewed, or edited."

Can you post a screen shot please?
We are having similar issue... we have NavisWorks 2010 loaded with AutoCAD MEP 2009... when a viewport is selected properties paletteis blank, no editboxes, no labels... just blank.
We've done a repair install and the problem clears up... but then NWNavigator in AutoCAD is broke... we fix NWNavigator and then properties palette is blank again.
Message 7 of 8
pauros_78

I am not working with the company where I was having this problem any more.

I am now working with a new company so I am not able to post a screen shot, however....

The properties palette was not "blank" but appeared with no text in the fields of the palette.

Normally you would see "no selection" or "line" or whatever you had selected when you open the palette in the top pull down but this was blank or almost "bald" looking because there was no text but it looked funny 😉

This would have been fixed if I could have repaired or reinstalled, but I never had that done to see if it would work.

I was interested in seeing the post about NWNAVAGATOR....it definitely acts weird in '09 I remember after I had opened it once, even if I closed it and never opened it again during my ACAD session, closed and saved.... it would open when I restarted the following day.

I would not want that to stay open and tried to force it to "stay away" or stay closed, by closing it and saving the workspace but it still opened upon a restart.

Good times......

Thanks for the posts....

-Paul
Message 8 of 8
pauros_78

oh yeah and Terryd....

I have the same problem with MEP2010 on a machine that is running Windows 7 64 bit...

wierd glitch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost