Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP distance constraints

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gettyprojector
463 Views, 2 Replies

MEP distance constraints

Hi, I've been given a DWG that I need to use for my project. Unfortunately, the object is very, very far away from the origin. I've thought of two ways to solve this but I can't seem to figure it out.

1. Move the objects to the origin.

2. Reset the origin to where the objects are.

Option 1 seemed easy enough, but I needed to move the objects about 8,000,000'. That's not a typo. 8 million feet. I use the move function, but then it always puts me at a weird distance. Is there a constraint on how far you can move objects? For example, I would move the object 8m feet, but then I would measure it out with 'distance' to be at 6m feet. It always gives me a different value.

I do not know how to go about proceeding option 2.

Please help!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You can copy the item using the insertion point as the basepoint and then paste it at 0,0,0.  Then you can delete the original item.  Use the clipboard copy and not the copy command.

Message 3 of 3

You are talking about ctrl+c and ctrl+v? That way doesn't allow you to choose a base point, but the 'copy' function doesn't allow you to specify coordinates for base points. Is there another copy and paste you are referring to?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost