Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP content

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
leach1
591 Views, 3 Replies

MEP content

Can someone explain how to add existing content to MEP content builder, for example conent I have downloaded from autodesk seek. I have modified existing content with content builder and created a few new parts, but I can not find how to add exisitng parts. Specifically, I have downloaded "Rectangular Duct Access Doors" from autocad seek and I would like to add this to my content library. Thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: leach1

When you download parts from Autodesk seek you should have a dwg, a bmp, and a xml file.  Just navigate to your catalog location and place those three files in the folder that corresponds to the location in the catalog that you would like the parts to appear at.  Then just run the catalogregen command in autocad mep and your new parts should now appear in the catalog.  Some things to take note of, if the parts are identical to existing parts then they will not appear if the catalog that you added them to is lower in the list that appears in the options tab under mep catalogs.

Message 3 of 4
leach1
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks Keith. There is only one DWG file, no XML or BMP. Where can i get the BMP and XML. Thanks again,

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: leach1

That particular part is a bad part.  If you search your catalogs you will find that the dwg is already present in the global catalog.  However the bmp and the xml file is missing from there also.

FYI, any part from Autodesk will already be on your system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost