Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP Catalog Creation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
luxy72462
282 Views, 2 Replies

MEP Catalog Creation

I recently switched companies and I finally have some downtime to get my MEP2013 sorted. The last company I was with had everything created so I never got into the creation side of things...duct layering/keys and whatnot. Question is...how do I modify the stock ductwork and piping in my catalogs. I want to modify the names/layerkeys and color types. I have created templates with the layers I want preloaded...how do I get my ducts/piping to correlate with those layers Ive created in my template. Those layers directly correlate with my CTB file for platting as well. I guess after years of plugging away I need to figure this out. So basically a stock supply duct is on layer M-duct-std-supp with color 143. I want to modify it so when I select it it is layer M-HVAC-SUPP-N on color 142. This is the jist of what I want to do. Any help is appreciated.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Joshua,

The first thing you may want to look into is setting up a custom Layer Key Style (or use one based on a particular standard, if applicable). Here are some resources to help you get started with that:

About Layer Key Styles and Layer Keys

About Working with Layer Keys

Default Layer Key Reference

To Create a Layer Key Style

To Edit Layer Key Styles

To Specify a Layer Standard and a Layer Key Style

About Layer Management

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 3

One important thing to remember is that your System Definitions define how your duct and pipe will look.  Inside the system definition you can chose which layer key style it associates with.  So when you draw a certain system it will put that system on the layer defined by the layer key style.  You can modify the layer key styles to create your layers when needed so that you do not need to place them in your template.  The layer key style will create your layer when it is needed based on the setting you chose in the layer key style.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost