Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

MEP Bill Of Materlial

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
870 Views, 7 Replies

MEP Bill Of Materlial

I am creating a BOM for a job i am working on. The problem i'm having is i cant combine the same size conduit in the BOM. For example, I want to have one line item that says 3/4" conduit and it give me a total footage for all 3/4" conduit and not several lines for 3/4" conduit that i have to calculate a total.

Review the attached PDF. It shows that i can combine and get a quantity of 10' sticks but the ones that differ in size have there own line item.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Micaletti
in reply to: Anonymous

It is the length column itself that is causing the items to be split up. If you want all 3/4" conduit to be on one line, you will have to remove the length column.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Micaletti

But the lenght is important on the BOM. What it looks like I'm going to thave to do is have a seperate bill for each differnet size conduit. At the bottom i can get a total but i need a total per group. For example. I will need a total footage for 3/4" conduit, total for 1" conduit, total for 1-1/4" conduit, ect.

So the important ones would be the size of conduit and the total footage of each different size. I thought there was a way to group the BOM by size and lenght so you want end up with 50 pages of just 3/4" conduit.

Hopefully someone can find a fix for this or maybe Autodesk will give this option in the future,

thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 8
Micaletti
in reply to: Anonymous

For some things, it is desired that the length be shown for each item. Things that are not field cut to length for example.

One way to get what you are after is to add a manual property to the property set you are using for the schedule table. After scheduling the conduit you can note the total length then delete the length column. Select the table, right click and select "Edit Table Cell". Type the total length into the cell under your manual property column.

Message 5 of 8
Schmit01
in reply to: Micaletti

AMEP does not allow for totals of a row wether you use a formula or not, It only allows for totals of a column. Its is a limitation of the schedules. The only way I know of is to export the shedule to exel then do your totals in there. 

Ryan Smit

MEP 2012

South Africa 

Message 6 of 8
jcampbell924
in reply to: Schmit01

I have been working and asking for years for a way to this.  The best way we have found is to like mentioned either use a manual entry into a property or export to excel.  I have also at times copied the schedule and converted it into a table.  We can then link that table to excel or manually add fields and other items to it so that we get the calculations we need.

Message 7 of 8
Keith.Brown
in reply to: jcampbell924

just type BOM at the command line and swipe your entire drawing.

Message 8 of 8
jeff
in reply to: Keith.Brown

If you read the notes in link it explains how thrown together quickly to get something going so basiclly for each pipe with same system, diameter etc.......

You can read link, but the source code and dll for using at link.

Please post any ideas you would like to see.

Does not cost any money, but you might have to join theSwamp to download.

If you are not a member you should join as it is a great resource.

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=39349.new

From this

To

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost