Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2016 on Windows 10 not keeping Profiles loaded

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
swimdawg
513 Views, 2 Replies

MEP 2016 on Windows 10 not keeping Profiles loaded

I prefer to use the US Imperial profile over the Global profile, I switch profiles, set up all my paths and settings etc. and every time I shut down MEP and reload it defaults back to Global.  Anyone else come across this issue yet?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: swimdawg

This is a pretty common problem and it is pretty easy to accomplish.  The problem is that you are starting AutoCAD MEP with the global shortcut and not the US Imperial shortcut

The fix is to look at the properties of the shortcut you are using and in the target box look at the string.  You will probably see something similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD MEP (Global)" /product "MEP" /language "en-US"

You can ignore the version but what you should be interested in is the bolded section.  Just copy your shortcut and rename it to something you will remember and change the bolded section to:

/p "AutoCAD MEP (US Imperial)"

Basically the /p switch is telling the program to start with the profile listed after the /p switch.  So everytime you are using the shortcut you are telling it to switch to the global profile.

You can just remove the /p switch and the profile name completely and AutoCAD will start up with the last profile used if you prefer.

NOTE:  Make a copy of the shortcut and make changes to the copy so if something is incorrect you have something to fall back to.

Message 3 of 3
swimdawg
in reply to: Keith.Brown

That fixed my problem!  Thank you for your help!!  In versions past it would place multiple shortcuts on your desktop and you just chose which you wanted to use.  For whatever reason the 2016 version only installed the 1 shortcut.  I just changed the text from Global to US Imperial like you mentioned and it worked perfectly.   Thank you, Thank you!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost