Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2015 -- Light ID (annotations) not working

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JONATHANROGERS5188
812 Views, 6 Replies

MEP 2015 -- Light ID (annotations) not working

I recently upgraded to AutoCad MEP 2015 and seem to be having issues getting the light ID annotations to work.  I never had an issue like this with the older versions I have used over the last few years.  I seleted the lights and under design data in the properties for these lights assigned thier ID.  Then I use the annotation tool for light ID, select the light and try to place it but no dice.  Used to after I used the light ID tool and selected the light it would then display an "A" on the cursor to use as a guide for placing the annotation and then when I clicked to place it the "A" would disappear and the actually annotation for that specific light would show up.  Now the "A" doesn't show up when I select the light.  Have any idea what might be causing this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Also the same thing is happening when I try to place a circuit number. 

Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Your palette and tag are left over from the previous version?

The symbol "A" is the default block attribute, can be any character

LightID.gif

Vitaly

Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your reply but I seem to be having a seperate problem or maybe I am not following you exactly.  I am not sure how to make a video like you did of what is going on but mine won't place an ID at all.  The first step you do is place the ID and then click on it and change setting but I can't get that far.  I select the light and go into it's properties and define the ID but when I select the light ID annotation tool and then click the light I want to place the ID for the "A" never pops up on the cursor and then when I click below the light like I would to place the ID nothing happens.

Message 5 of 7

If you are using a palette out of the box, then check annotation scale, usually it is 1:100

Message 6 of 7

Well I still don't know how to fix what is happening but I think I know, to some degree, what the root of the problem is.  The .dwg I am working with is a converted PDF.  I am not sure why it is giving me problems but I am pretty sure that is causing it.  I went back and opened an old .dwg out of my email that was completely unaltered and everything works fine on it.  

It seems like every time I run into little problems like this it is usually something associated with the specific .dwg that I am working with at that time.  I have had issues multiple times before with using the arc wire which is what I always use.  It would make big loops in the wire on its own instead of the simple arc that it is supposed to make.  After having that problem a couple times it seems to be cause by me copying in a lighting layout from another .dwg file that I would get from the light rep.

Anyway, thanks again for the response.  I was able to get this perticular drawing done but just using some simple annotations for all the circuit numbers and light IDs.  It took some extra time and it was a kind of a pain but it got the job done.

Oh and something else that was weird about this drawing was that when I selected the 2'x4' recessed light fixture it pops up and it is the size of the entire floor plan while all the other lights I select (including all the other 2'x4' fixtures) show up scaled properly.  

Message 7 of 7

Try to copy and paste all objects into a new dwg file

likely problems in converting a file from pdf to dwg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost