Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2014 - These turning vanes are turning my veins blue!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chinaman777
1365 Views, 2 Replies

MEP 2014 - These turning vanes are turning my veins blue!

I'm getting stuck in a drawing with something that I have not seen until now. I'm running MEP 2014 and when I route ductwork with mitered elbows I want to add turning vanes to them like I have done so often before. I am quite used to adding the vanes to an elbow and having them appear in all of the same style/size of the same elbow within that drawing. For some reason, in this drawing set, that is not the case. I am forced to manually add vanes to each and every elbow regardless of style/size. This is specific to this job as I can go back into older jobs and the vanes add properly there still. Is there a variable or setting that I am missing in this drawing set to enable turning vanes by default? I have looked in the Duct Routing Preferences and there is nothing there about vanes that I can find. Please help, I'm going nuts on this! Thanks...

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbutts7
in reply to: chinaman777

I just tried this and it worked, so here were the steps I used (this was in a new drawing in MEP 2014).

Draw the first segment, and place a couple of ducts with an eblow (I used the mitered rectangular as the type). Once you get one fitting, pick the elbow and use the Add Vanes tool to add the vanes. Next, continue the run using the continuation grip - all of the same fittings places will have vanes included.

Try this and let me know if it works.

thanks - db

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: chinaman777

Hi Chinaman,

Can you post the drawing or part of the drawing that you are having issues with?  It is really difficult to troubleshoot if it is working great in all drawings but one without viewing that particular drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost