AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 11 of 18 (418 Views)

Re: MEP 2013 Profiles Issue

07-30-2012 09:27 AM in reply to: ratlifftm

Have you tried the wssave command.after you have your toolbars and such set?

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
ratlifftm
Message 12 of 18 (417 Views)

07-30-2012 09:35 AM in reply to: Keith.Brown
yes and since I'm unable to save the profile, I use that new workspace to get back to how I like it.
ratlifftm
Message 13 of 18 (414 Views)

07-30-2012 09:48 AM in reply to: Keith.Brown

I have another user here on Map 3D 2013 who is having the same problem.

It would be nice if we could find a solution to this problem for all our users prior to them upgrading to 2013.

thanks

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 14 of 18 (412 Views)

07-30-2012 09:50 AM in reply to: ratlifftm

Why are you unable to save your profile?  The current workspace is saved with the profile which is actually stored in the registery. 

⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
ratlifftm
Message 15 of 18 (411 Views)

07-30-2012 09:56 AM in reply to: Keith.Brown
I can save my profile, the problem is AutoCad won't remember to open on my profile. Maybe there's a default setting that I'm unaware of but previous versions of AutoCAD Map 3d 2012 opened on my profile once I had set it up and saved it. My other users were on 2009 version and had no problems with AutoCAD opening on their profiles once they were setup.
*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 16 of 18 (410 Views)

07-30-2012 10:21 AM in reply to: ratlifftm

It might be better to ask this question on the Autocad 2013 forum as more people watch that forum and might have run across your specific issue and it is a general Autocad issue.  This is actually the Autocad MEP forum.

Koki4
Message 17 of 18 (220 Views)

06-03-2013 01:57 AM in reply to: ratlifftm

Hi ratlifftm, I know is late this response ,you might have2014 already(I am not sure if Autodesk sorted this one)

I had same problem with my Map3D 2013 and after a long irritation every start to change the workspace to my custom one, I decided to delete the rest of workspaces (Autocad Classic, Planning and Analysis workspace...etc.)  and left only my current one on the list.

That's solved the issue

One of the strange defaults on all Autocad version is on the Workspace settings the radiobar is on for "Do not save changes to workspace" and after every Installation in our office I have to change to "Automatically save workspace changes"

The first one just does not make sense - why one will make changes and will not want to be saved??or have to remember to save after every new toolbar or palette change..

If one changes between the workspaces and the first(default) is on the changes on the custom workspace will be reset to where was saved last manually..

Regards

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 18 of 18 (212 Views)

06-03-2013 05:15 AM in reply to: Koki4

Koki4 wrote:

One of the strange defaults on all Autocad version is on the Workspace settings the radiobar is on for "Do not save changes to workspace" and after every Installation in our office I have to change to "Automatically save workspace changes"

The first one just does not make sense - why one will make changes and will not want to be saved??or have to remember to save after every new toolbar or palette change..

In the few years that i have been using Autocad and more specifically Autocad MEP the one question that I no longer ask is "why the heck would anyone want to do that?"  No matter how incorrect i think a setting is there is always someone out there that finds the setting correct and for the life of them cannot figure out why i would want it any other way.  Autocad has a extremely large customer base spanning many industries and every single one of them wants Autocad setup their way.  It would be impossible for Autodesk to setup the program correctly for everyone. 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.