Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2013 No MVParts Catalog Interface

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
zdsmithey
524 Views, 6 Replies

MEP 2013 No MVParts Catalog Interface

When I try to select equipment, instead of a window displaying all the different mvparts, i just get a diffuser to place.  Why is my catalog not displaying?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: zdsmithey

make sure your not running the command -mvpartsadd which is different than the command mvpartsadd.  They Hyphen supresses the dialog box.  You can look at the command line to see which command was actually ran if you are accessing it from a ribbon, toolbar, or palette button.

Message 3 of 7
zdsmithey
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Attached is my command prompt contents.  Even when i type the command in directly, i get the same result.

Message 4 of 7
Keith.Brown

It looks like the command is correct.  It is just filtering the mechanical chapter so you won't see any of the electrical or plumbing content.  Have you checked that the dialog is not offscreen somewhere?  Are you running two monitors?  Have you moved it off to the side and then forgotten about it?  I would check all of those things.

Message 5 of 7
zdsmithey

I looked all over and still can't find it.  If I use the Global profile it works fine.  I'm using Imperial.

Message 6 of 7
zdsmithey

I opened up several different profiles and then went back to the Imperial profile that I was using and it works now.  I wish I could say that I figured it out, but I don't have a clue as to why how it was fixed.  Thanks for your input Keith!

Message 7 of 7
Keith.Brown

My guess is that it was hiding offscreen.  Switching profiles is a trick I use to bring back palettes that have gone hiding on me.  I guess it works for dialog boxes also.  Glad to hear that you got it working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost