Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2012 PickFirst not working

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mlmoore
1874 Views, 7 Replies

MEP 2012 PickFirst not working

I thought the pick first command was fixed with the SP1 for MEP 2012, but lately it isn't working.  I am unable to select objects before issuing commands, it just bounces me out of the selection if I try to use a command after picking objects.  Is there a reason for this?  My variable is set correctly but it doesn't work.  This is a real problem for us.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jcleghorn
in reply to: mlmoore

Check QAFLAGS is set to 0.

QAFLAGS been used a long time (<r12) by developers and autodesk themself too.

QAFLAGS acceps a value between 0 and 32767
bit 0 (1) : ^C in menu macro cancels grips (acts like keyboard <Esc>).
bit 1 (2) : no pause during text screen listings.
bit 2 (4) : no "alert" dialogs (text display instead).
bit 7 (128) : accepts "screen picks" (point lists) via (command) function.

Normally QAFLAGS should be set to 0.

Message 3 of 8
mlmoore

qaflags did the trick, thank you very much, I have no idea how they ended up changing, but I'm back to being a happy camper again.  THANKS!!!

Message 4 of 8
el.nygaard

I tried this for me and it did not work, by QAFLAGS is set to 0.

Just wantd to clarify, when you are saying "PickFirst," you are referring to selecting lines/object and then typing into the command line a command to manipulate the elements, correct? Because every time I try selecting lines or something to erase, copy, move BEFORE typing in the command, it does not work.

Message 5 of 8
mlmoore
in reply to: el.nygaard

Yes, that is correct, when I clicked on something first then tried to issue a command it would knock me out of the pick.  The qFlags did fix things for me so I'm not sure what may be your issue.  I'm guessing you made sure your toggle value in the properties manager is set correctly, but that is the only other thing I can think it might be.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to shed additional light on this issue.

Message 6 of 8
el.nygaard

I found my answer over here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-MEP/Delete-Button-Not-Working/m-p/3048266/highlight/true#M2915...

"Check that your "pickfirst" variable is set to "1". It does change sometimes for no reason on my machine."

"Pickfirst" solved it.

Message 7 of 8
ChrisFullmer
in reply to: jcleghorn

QAFLAGS = 0 worked for me!  

I've been dealing with this for months!  (I'm not an every day CAD user though).  I kept looking around and never found anything other than the pickfirst variable.  I'm so glad you posted this fix.  BTW, I'm running Map 3D 2012.

Message 8 of 8
wewise
in reply to: jcleghorn

It has been driving me nuts for the last two days, I've been searching pickfirst solutions, but the QAFLAGS did the trick! Mine was set to 5. I'm running Map3d 2011.

Cheers,

Wendy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost