AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
INTOOCAD
Message 51 of 53 (265 Views)

Re: MEP 2010 - painfully slow to use

04-04-2012 02:42 PM in reply to: SteveR...

I know this is an old post, but have to ask if anyone has found any solutions to this....

Have to agree with the majority on this thread that I really think it is the software and not the hardware and all of the other lame excuses that have been given.

I think Autodesk needs to determine what MEP platform they really want to push and stick with one of them and not have AutoCAD MEP, RevitMEP, and AutoCAD Plant-3D. I think they have grown too fast and can not support all the varieties of software packages they have....

Can someone even submit a support ticket without having a subscription? Why do we need to pay for a subscription for a product that does not work out of the box? I think the price of the software is too much to begin with, let alone the software support.

We have began to look at other options and looking at Bentley software seems to be a blessing....

Valued Contributor
genem
Message 52 of 53 (244 Views)

04-10-2012 11:58 AM in reply to: INTOOCAD

I am using 2010 MEP daily, and I like how fast it is. Seems to scoot right along for me.

genem@... (NNTP handle: genemarz)
You may recognize me from the
hundreds of previous newsreader posts
I've made over the last 10 years
as genemarz

Active Contributor
jschultz
Message 53 of 53 (183 Views)

11-26-2012 10:32 AM in reply to: INTOOCAD

Autocad MEP (2011-2-013) electrical is fast until you put a ccts in the drawing.

Then when you add a panelboard schedule or a luminaire schedule it gets painfully slow.

I tried the new profile trick. It did not help

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.