Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2010 Osnaps not seperate and other backward steps

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
407 Views, 4 Replies

MEP 2010 Osnaps not seperate and other backward steps

Does anyone else feel that 2010 has taken a few steps in the backward direction as far as productivity is concerned? Below is a list of a few of the things I have found that have dropped the speed at which I can produce by a large amount:

- Osnaps used to work that when you hit F3 you would turn on your regular autocad osnaps and turn off the MEP snaps and vice versa. Now they are all linked to the F3 key so they are either all on or all off. This causes a huge headache when you are trying to snap to ductwork or piping.

- The label curve modify has been REMOVED from the right click menu. HUGE mistake! As I see it, the only way to change the label curve style from one to the other is through the properties tool bar.

- I do like the layer list on a tool bar but for some reason it seems to hang up when it flys out and goes back.

- And one final one....when ctrl-tabbing from drawing to drawing, it takes WAY longer than it used to for me.

Now these last 2 could be specific to my system but I've got a pretty stout Xi computer and I would like to think that there wouldn't be speed or graphic issues with it.

I guess that's the end of my rant, if anyone has any feedback on this it, post away.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Regarding the label curve modify removed from the right click menu, I don't use that command but my right click menu looks much different than when it shipped. I modified it to my preference with the CUI-Shortcut Menu-Context Menu for default mode. You should be able to add the label curve modify command by modifying the right click menu.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

OSNAPS - I would suggest you create two customized buttons on your quick launch toolbar. It should toggle the following system variable from its current setting (some numeric value) to 0 when you want to turn it off. It should restore the system variable when you want the Autodesk MEP Snaps back on.

System Variable: AECBOSMODE

Label Curbe Modify - I'm a really big fan of the new ribbon interface. I know a lot of you out there are not. I use a combination of the Edit Sytle button in the contextual ribbon & the properties pallete which I always have open on my 2nd monitor. I have not really seen any delays with this and I personally don't think I've slown down any.

Good luck with the other two. Maybe Project Manager might help with the CNTL TAB
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Jay,

Nice to hear from you but you got my head scratching...

I am not sure if how you stated things is entirely correct. Is AECBOSMODE now really a real system variable? Hence you can now call it with the SETVAR statement? I think it is actually a command. Hence it will not respond to SETVAR.

What do you see would actually be the code to toggle the AECBOSMODE command under the button?

Why not place the button on a ribbon instead of the quick launch?
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the tips on how to remedy these issues that I'm having. I guess my point on stating these issues was more to point out the fact that these simple commands are no longer that simple to accomplish as they were in previous versions. It would seem that Autodesk would try and keep things simple and not make people customize things that were once standard features.

I'll try out these fixes and see if it helps me out. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost