Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mep 2010 conduit annotate tags

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gaylorcad01
956 Views, 6 Replies

mep 2010 conduit annotate tags

is there any way to change the precision of the conduit elevation. tag. When i try to tag a conduit and it's real elevation reads for example
9'-10 1/2" then the tag will read 9'-10" and that is for both top and bottom elevations. Is there any way to change this or an add on to make the elevations real?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jayayala
in reply to: gaylorcad01

Hello gaylorcad01,

You'll want to manipulate the "precision" in your "property data format".
I realize that may be a little cryptic but watch this video for a better explination.
Message 3 of 7
gaylorcad01

Thanks! that works out great.

With the same annotate tags. Is there any way to set it were AutoCad drops in the tag as you draw it. I figured it would be under MEP label but it doesn't give me the option to choose conduit or cable tray elevation even though it shows duct elevation there's nothing there for electrical elevation. You do get the option to place the size of conduit or cable tray in the MEP label but that's all.
Message 4 of 7
jayayala

Hello gaylorcad01,

Conduit Elevation as well as all the other objects elevations are going to be driven off of Property Set Definitions. You can create a new label that will read that information for you. It isn't a perfect solution since its a two step process. However I believe its a really convenient way to use this tool and extract elevations off of your files. I would be surprized if anyone out there in AutoCAD MEP land is doing something radically different.

Apply a label curve style to your conduit preferences.
• Create a new label that reads a Property Set Definition for the elevation (top, bottom, or center)
• Apply the Property Set Definition to the conduit Object after they have been drawn.

I realize this may not make much sense but view this video reply and I think it will cear things up for you.
Conduit Elevation Label Curves Video
Message 5 of 7
tranxten

Is there any way on how to select all conduit at same elevation like selection by elevation. thanks in advance
Message 6 of 7
JayAyalaATG

Hello tranxten

You should use the "Quick Select Tool" and define the different kinds of properties you are after. Take a look at this attached image, it may clear this up for you.

Jay
Message 7 of 7
gaylorcad01

MEP catalog gives you electrical panels. Is there any way to change the physical size of the panel or is it a set size per AutoCad?

thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost