Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menuload & Workspace

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Gradster
309 Views, 2 Replies

Menuload & Workspace

In a new Workspace, I have to load an additional drop down menu via menuload/cuiload, problem is that the new drop down appears in every other workspace. I would prefer this to not happen so I don't have to recustomize each Workspace. In the Workspace Settings dialog box, I have tried both Do Not Save and Automatically Save setting When Switching Workspaces.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Gradster

I would advise *not* getting in the habit of using CUILoad to swap partials
in and out. Leave it loaded and use workspaces the way they were meant to be
used.

--
R. Robert Bell

wrote in message news:5623443@discussion.autodesk.com...
In a new Workspace, I have to load an additional drop down menu via
menuload/cuiload, problem is that the new drop down appears in every other
workspace. I would prefer this to not happen so I don't have to recustomize
each Workspace. In the Workspace Settings dialog box, I have tried both Do
Not Save and Automatically Save setting When Switching Workspaces.
Message 3 of 3
CCMoor
in reply to: Gradster

Hello Grad,
So far what I found useful was creating the ABS.cui as my enterprise cui with the users sharing the same profile on the network. In the ABS.cui I placed a few default workspaces as well as all partial cui's loaded. This enterprise cui insures those default workspaces always look the way I intended.
On initial load from startup, even if you select that default workspace you created, some items must still be tweaked locally the first time it is setup. After that, the user can create their own workspaces in their main cui from the initial layouts of the enterprise cui.
I created a central server location mapped drive containing every users own username folder.
i.e.
P:\
(\\servername\personal\username)
This references their main cui file, so no matter what machine they log into from active directory to windows, when they click the custom shortcut, they always get their workspaces.
The menu's I loaded from partial cui's had to be set prior to creating the workspace.

Before I forget, the other advantage of a central networked profile:
I can control custom palettes for all users without the need for manually updating every workstation.

Message was edited by: CCMoor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost