Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu Pull Downs in 2004

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
advandes
349 Views, 3 Replies

Menu Pull Downs in 2004

Why have all the Pull Down Menus changed? Is it me, or has everything changed? Is there some magical button somewhere that will organize the menus as they were in 2002 and beyond, or do I have to customize them all? I can't even find the Hatch routine...ARRGHH. Any comments and ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron
AAG
Advance Design
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmcfaddn
in reply to: advandes

This is what autodesk calls progress. 🙂 They feel we were overwhelmed with all the pull down menus, so they decided to remove them. Would have been nice if they would have given a road map to the new locations. But then again they need something to put in the next upgrade, otherwise you don't feel like your getting your money's worth for the subscription. You can still get back to the old style pulldowns if you prefer. Whether or not they have the new commands available in them is still a question. Under the WINDOW pulldown menu go to PULLDOWNS and select whichever menu type you prefer. Be careful though, if you set one up, then decide to try another all your previous settings will be lost. I believe most of us have discovered this one the hard way.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 4
bil-with-one-L

I'm not the expert... but I believe that if you go to the windows menu and choose pulldowns>building systems 3> you'll find the building systems menus you're looking for. -- if additionally you want your autocad menus as you are used to seeing them you'll have to use your menuload command to load the acad.mnu... I'll assumae that you're familiar with that command rather than to explain all that... but if you need help with that just reply and I'll do my best to get you there. -- after you've set all of that up it's best to create a profile that maintains those settings... that way it's easy to go back and forth between the ABS2004 version of the menu (if you need it) and your more personalized version. -- also.. I believe that the desktop icon for ABS2004 automatically forces the ABS2004 profile and menu layout... to deal with that I've created multiple desktop icons each using a different profile based on what I need on that particular day... if I'm building walls windows and doors... I use the ADT icon that calls my adt profile and menus... if I'm making changes to some 2d non ADT or ABS CAD files... I use my vanilla acad icon that calls my acad profile and vanilla acad menus... and the original desktop icon calls my building systems menus and profile. -- hope that helps. -- Bil (with one L)
Message 4 of 4
advandes

Thank you everyone for your support.

Aaron
AAG
Advance Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost