Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main duct take not the quantity of air of Air Terminals

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
marco.defina
432 Views, 6 Replies

Main duct take not the quantity of air of Air Terminals

Hello,

i connected a Air Terminal with two flexible ducts, why the main duct take not the quantity of air?

1.JPG

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: marco.defina

I believe that AutoCAD MEP will not automatically fill in flow values without first analyzing your system and sizing your ductwork.

Duct System Size Calculator

Message 3 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I was 100% wrong in my last post.

I created two air terminals and a main run of duct.  I then assigned 250 cfm to each terminal and connected them to the ductwork and the ductwork was assigned a flow of 500 cfm.

So I am not sure why you do not have flow assigned to your duct.

Does it have an endcap on one end and another piece of equipment on the other?

Message 4 of 7
Keith.Brown

I was able to reproduce your issue and selecting the air terminals and opening and closing the equipment properties dialog fixed it for me.  This appears to recalculate the values for the ductwork.

Message 5 of 7
marco.defina

Try my file...The problem is the two flexible, with one work fine. I think MEP cannot calculate the flowrate divided between 2 duct from one Air Terminal.

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 6 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: marco.defina

An easy way to tell would be to just delete one of the flex duct sections tap to tap and see. What I think probably is causing the issue is the circular nature of the route.

** EDIT **. I reread what you wrote and noticed that you already did this. Not sure of where to go from here unless you create dummy mvparts that you use to break your duct up so that it looks correct but functions so that there is only a single route for air to flow. A lot more work to use that method.
Message 7 of 7
marco.defina

I tried to use a plenum with 2 connection IN and one connection OUT but didn't work...Loose the air flow...

For example 500 m3/h on the big connection, in the three little 0 m3/h

1.JPG

2.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost