Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost circuit connections in circuit manager

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gary
641 Views, 5 Replies

lost circuit connections in circuit manager

This has happened several times now.  I get all my devices connected to circuits with the associated loads.  Save the drawings leave autocad or change and work on other projects come back a couple of days later and their gone.  The circuit manager still has the circuit names filled out but no loads because the devices in the file are no longer associated to a circuit.  Because the circuit names are still filled out, overwritten data base is ruled out.

This doesnt happen all the time though. 

I use the database with a relative path so the database will follow the project around as it is used as a template for subsiquent projects of the same type and complexity.

using MEP 2011.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Leon-Biohazard
in reply to: gary

When you switching to another project, do you create a new EPD file or overwrite the previous project?

If you overwrite, you will lost the data on the circuit.

Message 3 of 6
gary

Just switching to another project does not create a new .epd file.  each project has its own epd that uses a relative path.  It just happeded again this morning. 

I think it might be happening when I use a project as a template for a new project.  either the relative path is not working properly or the process of coping the project is stripping the data out.

Message 4 of 6
Leon-Biohazard

Not sure, even though you create a new project from an existing one, but how does a new project to influence the existing one? Since you created a new EPD file for a new project.

You can change the extension from .epd to .dwg and open with AME, then check the information from circuit manager.

Message 5 of 6
gary

Hum, Im not sure I understand what you mean?

By the way, I did a bunch of testing today with copying projects, making new project from an old, open base dwg with the panels attached to epd while not in the correct project and cant seem to force the condition. 

Im really scratching my brain on this one.

Message 6 of 6
Leon-Biohazard

I mean you can change the extension from .epd to .dwg, then open with AutoCAD MEP, then check the information from circuit manager.

But I am not sure what cause this condition.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost